Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

For Sale - Zu Verkaufen!

Driving License Exam Book

Toggle
Driving License Exam Book
Answer
8/16/05 9:25 PM
Hi,

I have got my German driving license, though not a easy task. Since I am done I would like to sell the theory material in (english)I had bought in June 2005 and trust me it was quite useful, if someone has urge to get away with theory exam at first go this is the material I would recommend.

Please mail me at laksh_svl@yahoo.com

Regards,

Lakshmikanth.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Driving License Exam Book
Answer
8/17/05 1:36 PM as a reply to Lakshmikanth Subramanian.
Hi Lakshmikanth,

I am kantharuban from Brussels, Belgium. We are moving to Germany in two months. and I would like to know the cost of getting a German driving license in total. I do have an indian driving license.

I appreciate ur reply.

Regards,
Kantharuban.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/31/05 9:41 PM as a reply to Lakshmikanth Subramanian.
If you already have a EU license (one from Belgium) you might not need a German lic or you license would get converted automatically without ay test or exams. It might cost you under 50 euros.

In the event that you don't have a lic from the EU (or the US, then you need to swallow a bitter pill. It might cost you a minimum of 1000 euros, as you need to then give the written and practical exams, attend classroom session, take practical trainings, attend a first aid test, get a certificate form eye doctor. So practically speaking the process in this case is the same as that for a German who is applying for a lic first time - i.e. a beginner. ITS REALLY EXPENSIVE.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/1/05 6:43 PM as a reply to Lakshmikanth Subramanian.
Hi,
The process looks like:
1.If you have the Indian International Lic. you are allowed to drive in Germany only for the first 6 months and then withing first 3 years of residence in Germany you have the opportunity to appear for the exam after attending few mandatory classes(costs you around 300€). So, try to get Indian Intl.Lic and get it translated to German.You may need to take the approval from German authorities before you start driving.One more thing is try to know the traffic rules here,they are very complicated and are very huge.

takecare
Pramod.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/1/05 7:15 PM as a reply to Lakshmikanth Subramanian.
Hi,

@Pramod

All what you said is correct except one thing.
You doesn't even need 'Indian International Driving licence'. It is only sufficent with Indian National driving license to drive in Germany for the first initial period of six months.

cheers,

Suresh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/05 11:24 AM as a reply to Lakshmikanth Subramanian.
Hi sgattu,
May be you are right. But when i enquired it in 90's it was like that.Well,German offices are famous for their independent requirements and decisions.So, it may vary from state to state or city to city or even village to village.

takecare
Pramod.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3