Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Applying work permit for Germany from India

Toggle
Hi,
Now I am employed in India to an Indian company. I have an offer letter from a German comany(from Germany). I need to apply for a German work permit from India. Do I need to resign my Indian comany before applying for German work permit.

OR

Shall I resign my Indian comany after getting the work permit for German comany??

Please guide me.

Jagadeesh
+1 (1 Vote)

Re: Applying work permit for Germany from India
Answer
1/5/11 11:05 AM as a reply to Jagadeesh JM.
Suppose you dont get the work permit??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/11 11:25 AM as a reply to Jagadeesh JM.
Raj,

Thanks for your reply.

You mean to say I should apply without resigning my Indian comany!!

Can I do that?? Does Embassy ask for a relieving letter???
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/11 12:21 PM as a reply to Jagadeesh JM.
Yes, resign after getting the work permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/11 8:58 PM as a reply to Jagadeesh JM.
Would like to know if any body have recently applied for work permit from india. I am planning to apply for work permit. Looking for valuable suggestions for visa

Thanks in advance!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/5/11 12:42 AM as a reply to Jagadeesh JM.
Go for the visa interview without resigning job. If in the interview they ask about resignition then discuss it with them. If they insist, then resign and give the respective document in the embassy later on.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/5/11 11:22 AM as a reply to Jagadeesh JM.
NEVER resign from the old job before the work permit process has been completed, or you can loose both jobs. No embassy in the world will ask you for resignation letter from your current employer in your homeland as they have no interest in that.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/5/11 4:53 PM as a reply to Jagadeesh JM.
Man - just DO NOT resign till the work permit is stamped on your passport. I am living in Germany and I have changed 2 jobs based upon company sponsored visa. When I received the 2nd visa from a new company, I resigned from the company in Germany.

So do not resign till the work permit is stamped.
Officials are not suppose to ask about resignation letters as the work permit does depend on those things, it will be your new offering company that would ask you for your resignation letters when you join them.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: how to get a job in Germany from India
Answer
3/26/12 9:12 AM as a reply to Jagadeesh JM.
Hi,
I'm employed to a reputed German based company in Pune,India. Got 6.7yrs of work exp in Embedded Software Development (Automotive). Got 9months of onsite exp to Germany. Now I'm trying to get a job in Germany. So can anybody guide me about this. Does anybody know how to do? I even tried tried many portals and uploaded my profile. And other than Germany I'm also interested in other international countries also. Anybody please suggest how can I get a job in abroad.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Re: how to get a job in Germany from India
Answer
6/29/16 1:46 PM as a reply to Varaprasad Kalla.
I also have a job in Germany. I will be applying for Visa in two weeks at Chennai consulate. Can anyone please tell me what documents do I need to carry and what questions should I expect? In addition in document checklist here http://www.india.diplo.de/contentblob/3137364/Daten/5802524/employment.pdf, Proof of experience certificates for future employment in Germany  is required as well. But I have not resigned from my current company, so can I take offer letter of current comapny? Finally, in Visa application form what do I mention as duration of stay?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/16 2:43 PM as a reply to Arsh.
Arsh:
I also have a job in Germany. I will be applying for Visa in two weeks at Chennai consulate. Can anyone please tell me what documents do I need to carry and what questions should I expect? In addition in document checklist here http://www.india.diplo.de/contentblob/3137364/Daten/5802524/employment.pdf, Proof of experience certificates for future employment in Germany  is required as well. But I have not resigned from my current company, so can I take offer letter of current comapny? Finally, in Visa application form what do I mention as duration of stay?
Hello Arsh,

I am also trying job in Germany  from India.
I have 7yrs exp in automotive Embedded, currently am in Bangalore working for OEM. i know  German language Level A1.

Can you please guide me how to apply jobs in Germany from India. any portal or website.
I am Searching companies and applying directly but no one is giving replay.

Can you  share your experience, how  you got the job in Germany.

Thanks a lot in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/22/18 12:21 PM as a reply to Arsh.
Hi Arsh, What did you do finally? Did you resign before submiiting the papers for visa?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott