Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Family reunion - Spouse Visa - Germany

Toggle
Hi everyone,
I am a permanant resident in Cologne, Germany and i live here since 2009. I work here since 2011,  I applied for Spouse visa on Feb 4th 2018, it's still in process, last month I got a notification to submit some docuements and I did and am waiting ever since second week of July again, anyone has any idea how long will this take ? Cause it would be 6 months by end of this week.. Does anyone else have similar situation ? Cause I never had this kind of experience with delays in visa before.
Would be glad to get some tips here

Greetings
Jasper 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family reunion - Spouse Visa - Germany
Answer
8/1/18 11:11 AM as a reply to Jasper Lawrence.
Hi,
usually, it should not take that long. have you legalized your marriage certificate before submitting all the documents, if not your marriage certificate will be put under verification from their side, which might be fast or can take longer than expected. May be you can visit foreigners office in your city and explain them your situation and if they are good, they can tell you exactly the status of application or any missing documents. If not, unfortunately you have to wait till the process is finished from indian side.
BR
basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/18 11:29 AM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Hi Basbrem,
What do you mean by legalize the marriage certificate ? We submitted the wedding certificate from the state and from the church ? I got a reply from them to submit the medical insurance, my job contract and salary slips and her name on my house contract recently, i submitted  those documents and am waiting since 2 weeks again no reply. Do you know how long will it take ? 

Greetings
Jasper 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/18 1:00 PM as a reply to Jasper Lawrence.
Hi,

our marriage certificates are issued by state boards, that i know. But now German embassies are checking whether the marriage certificates and marriages are genuinely made. For this there is a procedure, that you can get it legalized by your state or via german embassy in india before submitting the application. Otherwise, they are putting the marriage certificate under verification and this is taking too long for some applications and we cant do much about it. 

check in this forum or in general, how to legalize a document in india for german embassy.

i think it is too late in your case. you have to wait, i guess, but you can check with foreigners office at your local city to check the status, if they are nice, they will provide you info.

basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18