Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Recipes

Idly Rava

Toggle
Idly Rava
Answer
12/8/05 6:23 PM
Hi,

I would like to know where do you get Idly Rava... for making Idlies(South Indian dish).I guess most of them know about it. I did not find it in the Inidan store in Stuttgart.
Is there any other alternative for it???

Iam tired of using the instant idly mixes.

Please suggest.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Idly Rava
Answer
12/8/05 6:52 PM as a reply to Angel Love.
hi hermoine,
well you are also facing the same problem which i faced 2 years back then i found an alternative to idly rava as we dont get it in germany upto my knowldge so one option is u can use upma rava( griese which u find in lidl) or else the second option is u have a special type of rice(upudu biyam which u get in srilankan shop)ask them rice for idly they wud give you.so enjoy hot hot idlies and by the way...if u are a female,wud like to extend a hand of freindship mail me at panna underscore pavani at the rate of yahoo dot com.....
bye then

panna
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/05 6:59 PM as a reply to Angel Love.
Thanks for the reply..... udupu biyyam ante par boiled rice only na.... if u use them.... dont u need rava????
I tried using upma rava... but they did not turn out well...
Thankx for the friendship.... i will mail u soon...
bbye
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/05 7:00 PM as a reply to Angel Love.
...if u are a female,wud like to extend a hand of freindship....

LOL....is your friendship extended only to deinesgleichen :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/05 7:09 PM as a reply to Angel Love.
hi hermoine,
upudu biyam is not par boiled i suppose go to srilankan shop and ask bitte! by the way are u from andhra?
panna
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/05 7:11 PM as a reply to Angel Love.
hi hermoine,
my husband says par boiled rice is upudu biyam....bit confused though....better ask the shop fella RICE FOR IDLY....better ok na...

panna
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18