Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa Procedure---changed??

Toggle
Visa Procedure---changed??
Answer
8/9/05 5:17 PM
Hi Folks,

Yesterday I was in Rathhaus for extension of my visa..seems like there is something new. Earlier I have got three times different visas in Germany and they never asked to fill in something. This time she gave me a form (for residence permit extension) to fill in and return with all the necessary documents. This form is like when you are applying for German visa in your home country, of course, a little bit different. They also asked to provide the proof of employment from my current employer...another form. Is this all normal...or things are changing :-) your views....
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Visa Procedure---changed??
Answer
8/9/05 6:18 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
Looks quite normal to me, did that for my wife and kids before.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/05 7:51 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
In my case, it was worse. All these formalities along with SEcurity checking (Sicherheitsfragung). This security checking took 5 weeks to work out. therefore, I appplied for extension and after 6 weeks I received it.

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/10/05 7:19 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
I don't know whether it changed or not, but today I went to Aüslanderamt for visa extension of my daughter and they gave me a form to fill which is similar to Visa form for obtaining the Visa for Germany.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/05 2:35 AM as a reply to nanda nanda.
Hi,

first you say

Yesterday I was in Rathhaus for extension of my visa..

then you say

They also asked to provide the proof of employment from my current employer...

If you are working in Germany, you don't need a visa but a residence permit. Did you mean residence permit here?

If yes, what was the heading in top of the form? There is only one form I have seen in ABH (Ausländerbehörde) about staying in Germany and it is:

Antrag auf Erteilung
( ) einer Aufenthaltserlaubnis
( ) einer Niederlassungserlaubnis

Regards,
Klenze17

PS: Just in case: The opinions I reflect here do not have to do with Klenze-17, a pub in Munich, Klenzestrasse 17. I have picked up the name of this pub as my nickname and the opinions I have written with this nick belong to me, but not the pub. Just in case emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/05 12:55 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
klenze17:
This was Aufehhalterlaubnisverlängerung.

Actually I earlier I got GreenCard permit and residence permit in 2003 for two years. So now would it be an extension to this GreenCard or I would be considered as new under new law and regulations??

I read in some posts after 1.1.2005, residence permit is also the workpermit..is that true? or will I get a separate (paper) work permit as well? Can anyone help me out in this regard??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/05 4:10 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
Actually I earlier I got GreenCard permit and residence permit in 2003 for two years. So now would it be an extension to this GreenCard or I would be considered as new under new law and regulations??

Actually, GreenCard has nothing to do with the general work/residence permits. It just brought restriction on them, in which the official writes down why the permit has given and how.

Your application of residence permit extension will be considered as another residence permit application under new law and regulations, but official will probably give the permit period as long as GreenCard supports (because he will look at previous ones in your passport). After this permit finishes, it will be a normal procedure, ie. if company wants you, you'll get an extension of residence permit (another stick) and goes on.

I read in some posts after 1.1.2005, residence permit is also the workpermit..is that true? or will I get a separate (paper) work permit as well? Can anyone help me out in this regard??

Yes, this is true. At the moment the residence permit is also a work permit. I have received my GC in December 2004 (I'm one of the last GC'lers) but I started to work in January 2005, and Alien Office gave me a residence permit with respect to work. They and AA (Arbeitsamt) confirmed that after 01.01.2005 every residence permit is also a work permit. The reason of residence permit is written in the comments part of residence permit stick (ie. it's allowed to work in IT-branch etc).

Therefore, you just need to go to ABH (Auslaenderamt) to get residence permit. They will give you a residence permit, and it will be also a work permit. They will write the reason why residence permit has been given, into the comments part of residence permit stick in your passport. You don't need to go to AA (Arbeitsamt) any more.

This is a positive novelty of the Immigration Law (ZuwG, Zuwanderungsgesetz) which is valid after 01.01.2005. It simplifies foreigner's formalities, from the ABH point of view.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18