Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Need info

Toggle
Need info
Answer
2/16/05 8:48 AM
Hi All,

I am indian working in software company in india. My company asked me to move to cologne, Germany for a period of one year. Hence i would like to know the information regardig taxation, expenses, life, etc in germany. If possible can any one answer the following questions.

1. What is the average expenses for a single person? (Assume if i take studio flat/single room flat, transport, food, internet, cable etc)

2. How is the tax system in germany. Suppose if I get euro 50000 p/a as a gross, how much i get net for a month?

3. I dont have any knowledge about German language. my client said it is not required for office purpose. But what is the problems i face if i come without knowing german language? do you suggest me to learn and come? or I can start there itself?

4. Do we get indian groceries to cook ourselves?

5. what need to bring from india if i travel next month?

I appreciate if any one gives me answers to above questions. Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
Vijay
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Need info
Answer
2/16/05 10:21 AM as a reply to Suseel Vijayanand.
Vijay,

Average expeses
Single room flat 300-350 Euro
public transport 60-100
internet(DSL) 30-60
cable+ TV fee(Govt.) 30

Tax depends on family status.
if you are married and have kids you pay less tax.
If you are single you may end up paying upto 45%

German may not be important at office, but in society it plays a big role. So, just learn it

You have shops to buy indian groceries,but you can bring your favourite items.

It will be cold till end of march. Bring some warm clothing, you can buy them here as well

Kiran
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Need info
Answer
2/16/05 3:04 PM as a reply to Suseel Vijayanand.
Just a correction:

Tax depends on family status.
- if you are married and have kids and they are living with you in Germany you pay less tax, if they don't live with you here, no matter what, you are considered as single and
- If you are single you may end up paying upto 45%

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3