Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Advice needed for sponsoring my wife

Toggle
Advice needed for sponsoring my wife
Answer
9/8/08 4:02 PM
Helo,
My wife is currently working in U.S. She had finished her masters and got 2 years experience over there. She planned to come here and settle with me.
What is the chances for her in getting a job over here. Whether it is advisable to apply for a job from US and come here.Or come here and search for a job.
Moreover when i am sponsoring her, after coming here she can be allowed to work or she have to wait for 2 years.

Expecting your suggestion and Comments
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Advice needed for sponsoring my wife
Answer
9/8/08 5:02 PM as a reply to Sen Rajan.
Hi,
It depends upon the visa which she gets to enter into Germany. She can definitely search or apply for a job in Germany by staying at US also and if she gets a one then ideally she should apply for a work permit to start working here immediately after gettign the permit approved. However, if she comes here on a dependant visa, then she has to be here for 3 years to convert the dependant visa into work permit status. Hope this info helps...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/08 5:26 PM as a reply to Sen Rajan.
1) What kind of job is she looking for?

2) What is ur nationality?

They might verify ur marriage certificate. If ur marriage did take place in a 3rd country (other than Germany or US). There starts bureaucracy. Ur wife has to apply for spouse visa from US. Then this file is transferred to the 3rd country. This can take time.

If ur wife manages a job with a work permit that takes the least time.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/08 6:17 PM as a reply to Sen Rajan.
Our Nationality is Indian. Marriage took place in India.

She is looking for a job in .NET.

One more question if she comes in a sponsor visa whether she is eligible to work here or not.

Expecting your reply
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/08 6:27 PM as a reply to Sen Rajan.
>> One more question if she comes in a sponsor visa whether she is eligible to work here or not.

This depends upon your visa status and also on your luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/08 6:49 PM as a reply to Sen Rajan.
Hi,

i can provide u an eg:

my wife came here on feb 2008 as a dependant n then ABH gave her a dependant visa. they told her to make the integration course. She completed that n then we went again for extension. now her visa says that she is allowed to work - "beschäftigung gestattet". this means whenever she finds a work she has to go the ABH with the workcontract n get the workpermit.

so there shldnt be a problem for any foriegner coming here n working.. i think there is no more 2 or 3 years stay at home.. min criteria shld be integration course..

better go to ABH n ask for info.

mfg,
karthik.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/08 12:24 PM as a reply to Sen Rajan.
Hi

Karthik is right.

My case was lucky or as it is so, i donot know exactly. My wife arrived as on dependant visa in last year 2007 and we went for an extension of her visa for the first time in Aug 2007. Interstengily, my wife got the same visa status as i have meaning that i have a workpermit and I can work for any company without any objection in the workpermit/visa. But it as a rule by taht time and now too, as Karhik said, the integration course is obligatory now and then, we also signed a paper that my wife should be joinging in an integration course.

You know one more fact, we blessed with a baby boy very recently, and as a rule we went for getting a visa for him and you know waht, he got the same visa/workpermit status as me emoticon

hope this info will help you.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18