Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Validity of GC, once I leave Germany

Toggle
Validity of GC, once I leave Germany
Answer
10/19/05 8:21 PM
Hi All,

I have a Residence Permit with GC which is independent of the employer and is valid for the next 4 years.I have got a job in UK and I have already joined the job.

1) Now if I change my mind and think of coming back to Germany to work, can I make use of this current Residence Permit,till the Residence Permit is valid.

2) If not, How many months is the residence permit valid, me being out of Germany?

3) If I leave Germany do I need to keep my Town Hall registration active in this case? Can I keep the registration active more than 6 months?

4) I heard that If I leave Germany, the Residence permit is only valid for 6 months? Is that true? If I just visit Germany once in every 6 months, will that keep the validity?

Now that my German Employer had obviously stopped giving me salary. So, could any body help me by giving the information about the correct procedure to put my GC to best use?

Thanks,

Satish.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Validity of GC, once I leave Germany
Answer
10/20/05 6:19 PM as a reply to satish ponnapalli.
Uhmmmm
Interesting question .. but I dont have an expert answer unfortunately... Can anybody (NoBody :-)) give their views... would be very usefull...

cheers,
-Sam
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Validity of GC, once I leave Germany
Answer
10/20/05 6:53 PM as a reply to satish ponnapalli.
I dunno why but I got the impression this post has already been answered but anyway.

Before I give answers to your questions, I would like to suggest you next time to make a search on the forum, all your questions have been already asked and answered before. Now I really see why we need a FAQ section.

I have a Residence Permit with GC which is independent of the employer and is valid for the next 4 years.I have got a job in UK and I have already joined the job., so this has to be the meant point from where all goes because you are no more in Germany, ok?

1) Now if I change my mind and think of coming back to Germany to work, can I make use of this current Residence Permit,till the Residence Permit is valid., as far as I know and as far as I remember, getting the visa of one country will cancel the previous visa you have. I experienced it with a friend who got a visa to work in France and had to get his GC cancelled. But anyhow, if it's not the case for you, you have 6 months from the day you went out of Germany to come back working, if not, your GC will be void.

2) If not, How many months is the residence permit valid, me being out of Germany?, 6 months.

3) If I leave Germany do I need to keep my Town Hall registration active in this case?, it depends on you.

Can I keep the registration active more than 6 months?, yes, don't unregister, or better, go get registered at a friend's house as Untermieter, and get your letters forwarded to you by your friend.

4) I heard that If I leave Germany, the Residence permit is only valid for 6 months? Is that true?, no, the residence permit is valid for as long as it was given, but it gets invalidated after 6 months out of Germany, unless you ask a special treatment from the German Embassy where you are.

If I just visit Germany once in every 6 months, will that keep the validity?, could be.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18