Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

Assignment in India

Toggle
Assignment in India
Answer
6/25/10 5:42 PM
Hello,

I will spend some months in India, Bangalore. Therefore I have some questions to you:
- Is it possible to have there high speed mobile internet? (UMTS, 3G)
- Are there, in the weekends, flights from Bangalore to other parts of India, eventually other countries in south/south-east Asia? Are the flights cheap enough?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Regards,
Marius
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Assignment in India
Answer
6/25/10 6:07 PM as a reply to Marius Huianu.
Hallo Marius,

Firstly!! You are welcome to India!!

I have no qualifcation to write about India as i am not in India for 15 years but do visit regularly.

India now has an excellent communication infrastructure so you should have no problems in this front and my Blackberry had no problems in with 3G all over India. UMTS is new but you might have a decent speed. I am more aware of the second question as i did/do fly a lot.

Indian Aviation actually shows the way for many western airlines already(Skytrax has 2 top airlines from India in the Top 10 list). Even, Lufthansa is way behind in that list..

Jet Airways, Kingfischer, Air India, Spice Jet and Indigo are the main airlines in India apart from Tiger Airways and Air Asia which offers cheap flights in India and to SE Asia. W.r.t the cost, the same rule applies also in India(the earlier you book, the cheap price you get!!).

16 years before when i flew from Madras to Delhi, i(my parents)had to spend 16,000Rs/ ~ 500 dollars(in early 1990 exchange rate) one way!! There was only one option and that was Indian Airlines and recently i flew in the same route, i paid 80 Euros for a return flight with 24 more options in the given date..

So this is where i see, India is Growing!! you might not notice that, when you are visiting for the first time but you will notice if you visit India in intervals..

And do not worry seriously about disease as death and disease also exist in the West. Otherwise the hospitals in Europe/US/1st world countries will be empty and the Krankenverischerungs Beitrag would be a scam:-)

I wish you a good trip .

Happy Weekend
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/25/10 6:15 PM as a reply to Marius Huianu.
@marius,

in india, none of service provider has 3G/UMTS network except BSNL(govt). For others operators 3G/UMTs licenses auctioned recently. So if you choose other operstors as your roaming provider then you will be restrcted to 2G/2.5G(EDGE).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/25/10 10:42 PM as a reply to Marius Huianu.
Hello,

Thank you for your answers. I hope to have enough time to visit as much as possible.

Regards,
Marius
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3