Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Completed 5 Years and want to apply for NE.

Toggle
Dear All,

I have completed 60 months in Germany and have permanent job. I want to apply for NE in beginning of July (I have VISA till March 2006).

Can anyone suggest me the best way to proceed? Do I need lawyer or I can do my own. I heard that now days its quite smooth and can be done without lawyer.

One bad thing in my case is that I do not speak German, Can this be a problem in getting NE?

Please guide me!!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Records
Mehul
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Completed 5 Years and want to apply for NE.
Answer
6/7/05 1:23 PM as a reply to Mehul Modi.
If you do not speak German at all you cannot get NE. Sorry. It is because of the law - AufenthG.

AufenthG
§ 9 Niederlassungserlaubnis

7. er über ausreichende Kenntnisse der deutschen Sprache verfügt

I'll try translate it for you

§9 Permanent residence

condition No. 7.
The applicant has sufficient knowledge of the German language.

But, you can extend your visa and will be allowed to do any job, however but you will still have time limitation on your residence permit.

Conclusion: learn German ASAP
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/7/05 5:46 PM as a reply to Mehul Modi.
you have certainly learned litle bit Deutsch in 5 years. If you are able to communicate in Deutsch it is enough.
If not learn it or...

You can allways get lawyer to aply for NE.
In that case you will probably never need to talk to them. Try Detlef's VPMK lawyers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/7/05 6:02 PM as a reply to Mehul Modi.
"You can allways get lawyer to aply for NE.
In that case you will probably never need to talk to them."

emoticon I think still he will need to face them - once at least.
When they call him to bring his passport and pick up NE.....May be then he need to communicate with them 2-3 sentences....but this much he should know after 5 years of stay in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/7/05 6:21 PM as a reply to Mehul Modi.
He would really have to face them when they will call him for taking his NE but I doubt they will do problems at that time, as they will call him to get it and not to test him.
But for sure, dude, after 5 years full, you really need to know even a little bit of German, don't you? :-)

But if you don't, I'm sure the company you're working for is not a German company, is it? And personally, that's the bad thing in working for such companies (not that the work is bad, I don't say that) but when you're whole environment is English speaking and you don't have the chance to interact in German except to buy a bread or greeting people, that's bad.

You say you got a permanent job, and want to get NE, meaning that you want to live here for some more times (if it's forever, I dunno) and thus, IMHO give them people who give you the right to live here a little bit in return, see what I mean? No offense whatsoever.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/7/05 6:40 PM as a reply to Mehul Modi.
Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I do speak little German and understand mostly. but I do not speak fluently.

In the company I work, official language is English thats why I never took it very seriously.

I'll contact a lawyer and will try to apply in July/Aug.

Thanks again.

Regards
Mehul
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7