Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

EU Blue Card Holder: First year of employment. Change job and country

Dear all members,

Please be so kind to help. The share of your relevant experience and/or knowledge is hightly appreciated. 
My situation is:

I was offered a 4-year EU Blue card last September and have been working for a company in Germany for 12 months now. For career and personal considerations, I would like to find a new job, in/close to the Netherlands.

I have checked some articles on the website and I found 'For the first two years you must stay in the job for which you got the Blue Card in the first place, unless you have permission from the national authorities to change jobs' and 'After 18 months you may move to a different EU country to work in highly-skilled employment. You must apply for a new EU Blue Card in the country you wish to move to.'

Does that mean..If I find a new job in
1) Germany and the job meets the salary requirement, I simply need to notify the national authorities to change jobs.
2) Germany and the job does not meet the salary requirement, will my blue card be withdraw? Do I have to apply for a new type of work visa? Will I lose much benefit?
3) the Netherlands, as it is less than 18months, I cannot use the blue card to work and my blue card will be withdraw. I need to apply a new Dutch working visa from scratch? 
Look forward to your response. Many thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott