Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

ZAB evaluation appeal

ZAB evaluation appeal
Answer
7/5/18 8:37 PM
Hello 
I was wondering if there is a possibility to appeal to ZAB's evaluation. My evaluation came with a strange mess I must say. First of all I have a Bachelor and a Master degree. My bachelor is from SUNY-Empire State College and my Master is from Uni. Liverpool, UK. My bachelor was done in Thessaloniki, Greece and the institution is New York College. It's a campus that SUNY ESC has out of USA. At the moment Greece is not accepting any private colleges and universities, therefore foreign schools operate as add-hoc institutions and they grant degrees at the end of the study. If you google colleges in Greece there are thousands from different schools like Sheffield, Greenwich and many others. They all have foreign accreditations but not Greek. So my evaluation came with following remark : 
"Der ausländische Abschluss entspricht formal einem deutschen Hochschulabschluss auf Master-Ebene. Er basiert auf einem zuvor überwiegend an einer nicht anerkannten Hochschule absolvierten Studium."

Further in their evaluation they elaborate :

"Der Abschluss basiert auf dem zuvor nach regulär 4-jährigem anwendungsorientierten
Undergraduate-Studium von der anerkannten Hochschule "State University of New York - Empire State College" in den Vereinigten Staaten verliehenen Abschluss "Bachelor of Science" im Studiengang "Business, Management and Economics" in der Fachrichtung "Marketing". Das "Empire State College" nahm Anrechnungen von Studienleistungen im Umfang von 3 Jahren vor, welche an der nicht anerkannten Institution "New York College" in Thessaloniki, Griechenland, erbracht wurden."

So I don’t understand the degree is recognized that comes form an unrecognized school?? how is that even possible let alone legal? Nevertheless, due to this remark my visa vas rejected on the grounds "unrecognized degree" - But I have two!! if they say one is not recognized and the other is shouldn't that suffice or I'm wrong?
Plus in their evaluation they say :

Berufliche Anerkennung
Der ausländische Abschluss führt zu einem Beruf, der in Deutschland nicht reglementiert ist. Da es für Hochschulabschlüsse, die zu nicht reglementierten Berufen führen, in Deutschland keine Anerkennungsbehörden gibt, ist die Bewerbung um eine Stelle auf dem Arbeitsmarkt unmittelbar an den Arbeitgeber zu richten. Der ausländische Abschluss ermöglicht ein Arbeitsverhältnis, für das ein Hochschulabschluss erforderlich ist. Der jeweilige Arbeitgeber entscheidet über die Eignung in eigener Zuständigkeit.

So It means that the degree is fine for employment, or not?
Can you please give me some advice what can I do now?
Cheers
N.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3