Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family Reunion Visa

Family Reunion Visa
Answer
7/3/18 11:24 AM
Hallo Everyone,
Trust7 helped me a lot during my visa application (read every single post) and now wanted to share my experience which could be helpful for future applicants.

Background:
- I live in Germany for almost 8 years
- I have a Niederlassungserlaubnis (got it before marriage)
- applied for family reunion visa for my wife, a week after our marriage

Process:
Application submission date: 29.05.2018

Got letter in Germany for further Doc (post from ABH): 31.05.2018
(they said they will get the original docs from Chennai consulate round about 3 weeks from submitting via post but just in case wanted me to send the docs from my side earlier so that they can work on it earlier, I saw this letter only after reaching Germany and it was like 4 weeks after applying but during this time I never disturbed them with any status enquiry)

Doc Submission in Germany:  20.06.2018
(I came back to Germany after my marriage pretty late and submitted the docs asap)

Intimation from ABH (post from ABH): 22.06.2018
(got a letter from ABH that the document processing from their side is complete and now the decision lies with Chennai consulate)

Approval E-mail from Chennai Consulate: 25.06.2018

Submitted further docs: 26.06.2018

Collected Passport with Visa stamped: 03.07.2018

Hint:
- Prepare well ahead
- never disturb them with emails or calls (I know it is hard but wait for an intimation at least for a month (I personally never contacted them and the information flow was always one sided, from them to me) )

Best Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18