Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Schengen visa Rejection

Toggle
Schengen visa Rejection
Answer
6/30/18 7:24 AM
Hi all, 
I finished my Masters studies in Germany and got a job here straight away. So now I'm holding a Blue card. I started my job in May 2018. I got married in April 2018. My wife couldn't apply for spouse visa, as it requires 3 months payslips and I got only 1. Hence she thought she could apply for visiting visa for 3 months initially and go back and apply for spouse visa. As she applied for visiting visa, she got a rejection saying that "[font="Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa applied for could not be ascertained."
Could you please suggest me what can be done? 

In general family reunion visa in my part of India takes 3 months to process after the appointment, and getting an appointment is also quite difficult. 

Note: she hasn't submitted Verpflichtungserklärung first time. Could that be the reason for the rejection?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Schengen visa Rejection
Answer
7/17/18 8:34 AM as a reply to Venkatesh Penchala.
Hi, 

Even i am in same situation to apply for visiting visa for my wife in India. I hold a blue card. Did you submit personal bank statement of your wife ? What did you show as means of support for travel expense ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/18 11:36 AM as a reply to Venkatesh Penchala.
This is one of their two favourite reasons for rejecting visit visas, perhaps. The other one being lack of finances. Their rejection reason is pretty self-explanatory: they think your wife doesn't have strong ties to her home country to go back there after the expiration of her visa.

Your wife has two options now: either she can remonstrate against this decision or apply afresh. I think applying again will be a better idea than remonstrating because remonstration can take up to 3 months. Just ensure this time that she presents some strong reasons for returning to her home country in her application. Some reasons to ''ascertain her intention to leave the territory of the member state" can be:

1. Letter of leave from her college/university of she is a student.
2. Letter of leave approval (with dates) from her employer, if she is working.
3. Proof of having a business, if she owns a business.
4. Proof of ownership of property in her home country (for which she would have to return).

These are some that I've listed off the top of my head; there must be more. 

About the Verpflichtungserklärung, it would be a nice addition to her application and will definitely help. 

Good luck with the application. I hope your wife is able to join you soon. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/30/18 11:00 AM as a reply to Aditya Pai.
Hi,

[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]Verpflichtungserklärung is a must if you are inviting some one to visit you, as she/they do not have to struggle to show any financial statements, ofcourse that will be beneficial for the application.

I can understand, that you want your wife to be with you in short span, unfortunately, you have to go through the same process like other married spouses are going through from india.

i suggest you to start the application process so that she can join you as dependent ( not visiting visa again).

be patient and collect all relevant information and kick start the process.

if she is a working employee, yes surely you have to apply for visiting visa, then follow the steps as aditya mentioned.

BR
basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3