Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

New born child Birth certificate

Toggle
New born child Birth certificate
Answer
5/1/05 2:25 PM
HI All,

Today after living in germany for 4+ yrs and as a married person 3+ years , I am in a strange situation. We are blessed with a Boy Baby recently on 16.4.05. So everything went well until I visited the Standesamt - Stuttgart to get the Geburtsurkunde.

They asked me for the marriage certificate, I showed them the one with which my wife obtained a dependent visa, then we were able to change the tax class, able to get the arbeitsberechtigung for my wife as she stayed as a dependendant for 2 + years and we filed the tax claims together and so on.

The people in the amt told they have to verify with auslaendersamt whether they verified the marriage certificate initially, and they gave me some provisional birth ceritifcate saying the process would take some time. Now I got a letter that the ceritificate was not checked some 3 yrs back when they issued my wife a visa and they want to do the whole process again.

So did any one experience this before , or any one suggest me how to proceed furhter.

regards
Janardhan.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: New born child Birth certificate
Answer
5/1/05 3:41 PM as a reply to Janardhan Burugupalli.
"Now I got a letter that the ceritificate was not checked some 3 yrs back when they issued my wife a visa"

what do you mean with they issued your wife a visa? just a tourist/schengen visa or aufenthalstitel with some conditions ? if she got the arbeitsberechtigung before how it is possible to cancel this ?

IMHO next step is a good lawyer, nothing else.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/1/05 3:55 PM as a reply to Janardhan Burugupalli.
It means Now for issuing my Child's Birth certificate they want to check my marriage certificate and not that they want cancel my wife's residence or any other things.

The check is needed only to issue a birth certificate, eventhough we are living together officially sine long time.

I hope I made it clear now. I dont mind if they take years to give a birth certificate, but how far is it logical. They have given me provisional Birth cert and they are enough for applying and registering in the amt's I guess.

I want to only know whether we have any right to raise a objection agains this decision, or simply should i wait for this check to be done. Its original and I know it will be validated at the end.

regards
Janardhan.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/1/05 6:49 PM as a reply to Janardhan Burugupalli.
I hared from different ppl that they varify Marriage Certificate at the time of baby's birth certificate issue and they take 2-3 month . A friend told me he had quite some problem as embassy back in Pakistan was very slow.

Just to add some more question:
1-One friend told me that one need to verify name of child from his home embassy before ABH accept as valid name ?
2-What about if person who has come to germany and his wife , just to do a formal marriage regestration here in germany for avoiding these kind of delays ? I know it sound bit stupid as wife already has got visa due to family reunion. but ABH always need marriage certificate clearification at the time of child's regestration. And one cannot travel back home unless child is fully regester.

thanks

Tali
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/1/05 6:51 PM as a reply to Janardhan Burugupalli.
Hallo Jonardhan,

First, you are lucky that it did not happen during the process of "Familienzusammenführung", otherwise, it would have taken you a bit of strange feeling than what you feel today.

This is because, Standesamt, have a list of countries,which are either 3 WC(pl. read as World countries) or something famous and for those countries, it is instructed to the staff to verify the Marriage certificate.

So, take it easy and let them do their job. Because, its still not the situation, which I think is miserable for those, who get such prüfung during "Family reunion" visa.

Hope, this would help, as you are not the first one facing such things here.

GC
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/1/05 9:46 PM as a reply to Janardhan Burugupalli.
Hi Janardhan,

I faced the same situation when my wife came to germany. They have asked to produce the marriage certificate in German (With Notar) even though the certificate is in Englisch .
Strange thing is they want to send the papers to
Delhi (India ) even though i belong to S.India.
When i asked her, she said it is written in the book :-)).
All this process took 2 month. finally German Embassy in Delhi have sent my papers back saying that i dont belong to there embassy.
Finally she has sent the papers to the correct embassy and it took 1 month.

Reason why i explained the above situation is to tell the beamterin sitting in standesamt to send the paper to the correct embassy to which you belong to.

Dont worry this is way they behave and we have to accept it sometimes. I think for checking your document it cost around 150 Eur,

Regards
Ajay
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/2/05 11:47 AM as a reply to Janardhan Burugupalli.
Hi.

I had to face the same problem for my second child in Bayern. They told me that my marriage certificate is not valid. I fired at everyone in the standesamt that my first child got his birth certificate with the same marriage certificate in BW. Then after checking the earlier one they issued the second certificate. I also told the Beamterin that as per Hindu Laws of Marriage that Marriage is not made by paper or certificate!! It is made between 2 souls and paper cannot guarantee your validation of marriage( If you scan our Indian Marriage act, you can find this law paragraph!! I have it in my certifcate which was issued by Madras High Court)

It is very wise to get your Birthcertifcate at the very first days after birth as the child has no papers and it is impossible to process any visa or passport applications!!

Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/2/05 11:53 AM as a reply to Janardhan Burugupalli.
Hi Jana,

Just dont wait!! Try to explain them it is very important for you to register your son to get his passport in our Indian Embassy!! If they simply dont accept, Just go to the Indian Consulate and get a stamp!! The Indian Consulate guys are also nuts!! They told me that i dont have a Marriage certificate!! I just yelled at them and then they accepted!!

It is really hard luck with each and every Standesamt!! In Bayern it was the same! but for my first child in Standesamt Rottweil!! I was given on the next day!!

Good Luck to you and regards to your family
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/2/05 12:54 PM as a reply to Janardhan Burugupalli.
HI All,

Thanks for ur input and advises. I will give one more try to explain them how it is. But the funniest thing is that both me and my wife has the spouse name in our passports updated and the family name of my wife also updated. And I even explained them that this cannot be changed in the passports until they verify the authenticity of the document.

Well I just wanted to share this to all of you, but to my surprise many of you have already had this experience. The only thing is the logical part is missing here, I would have accepted calmly if they wanted this check to be done 3 yrs back when they issued my wife's visa and not now.

But good, one thing is clear no one can escape from the amters claws - in some form or the other. After all if we dont experience this amter's attitude how would any one know about this. May be we are the one's who will revolutionarise this in the coming days.

regards
Jana.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/2/05 2:50 PM as a reply to Janardhan Burugupalli.
Hi,
As Rajesh mentions go to the Indian Consulate and take a letter from them saying that you are married as per Hindu law act 1954. There is a format for the certificate which you can find by little bit googling.
See that you get the letter from consulate, may be you need to request,argue along with 50 or 60 Euros.
You can provide this certificate at standesamt after 2 or 3 weeks you can get the certificates.

Good Luck!

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/4/05 12:34 AM as a reply to Janardhan Burugupalli.
To those with experience already,
regarding marriage certificate (MC) Kontrol for child Geburtsurkunde.

Some messages in this thread seem to indicate that the ABH and or the Standesamt send the MC to the embassy of Germany in the foreign country while others seem to indicate that the MC is checked in the foreign embassy/consulate in Berlin.
Which is correct?
I thought this is the reason consulates are established.

or does sending back to Delhi for example, is because there is no Delhi (kidding, I know this could be in India) embassy in Berlin.

If the MC is checked in the consulates in Berlin, can a person do it even before they get a child to save situations when one must travel within a month or two after the child arrive.

Gute Nacht
Moreti
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3