Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Kündigungfrist

Toggle
Kündigungfrist
Answer
6/8/07 8:10 PM
Hi all,
I decided to vacatae the apartment,in which am living.Looked into the mietvertrag of the house & it says something as follows, regarding the kündigungfrist.

Eine kündigung muss schriftlich erfolgen.Sie kann unter den gesetlichen kündigungfristen nur jewils zum monatsletzen erfolgen.

What does that mean?.Does it mean that I can give my termination notice end of every month or is there a specified period like 3 months or so...

am living in the apartment for nearly 3 1/2 years now.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Kündigungfrist
Answer
6/8/07 8:57 PM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
you can negotiate with your landlord if you want to leave a bit earlier than that written on the contract. I dont think it is as strict as work contract or business contract. Remember NOT to treat your landlord as your enemy, which will only lead you to the fighting. Just friendly call him/her, tell him/her your problem, you want to leave at the time of your convenience, I believe he/she will let you go, why he/she wants to keep you in his/her appartment forever? Appartment is such an critical resource in germany, your landlord has no problem to find another tenant. i saw my neighbors moved in/out very often, pretty sure some of them didn't even fulfill the min one year contract. just imagine if you stop paying rental but still living in that appartment for a long time, who will lose more money? ok, forget about this bad assumption. What I am trying to say is that it really depends on your landlord, if he/she is a resonable person, you won't get any trouble no matter when you want to quit, or else you will not able to avoid trouble even though you do exactly as what it mentioned on the contract. so start to call today!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Kündigungfrist
Answer
6/9/07 1:03 PM as a reply to Sultan Mohammed.
Thanks...
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18