Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

New Passport by Registered Post - any risk?

Toggle
Hello Everybody,

I am about to apply for a renewal of my Passport, since it's getting expired in a few months.

There is a possibility that once my New Passport is ready, I can send my Old Passport by Regd Post to my Consulate and get my Passports (New + Old) back by Regd Post as well.

With due regard to our Duetsche Post, I would like to have your thoughts & experiences on the safety of sending and receiving Passports by post. Please advise.

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: New Passport by Registered Post - any risk?
Answer
2/25/10 12:44 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
No sugestions as yet fom my expert friends.....
ALAS THAT MY QUERY IS TOO BORING FOR ALL :-(
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/25/10 1:14 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
I am here more than 10 years. I have not experienced / heard any thing bad with deutsche post. If you need more secure you can insure your postage. ;). Insurance is possible with deutsche post and cost around 13 euro.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/25/10 3:28 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
As you mentioned registered post, so you already know the price (so far I know its 3.50Euro). Normally, post is not missing unless you have a locked post box in your home. But as it will be registered so the postman would not hand it over to someone else. If you are not in home, then he or she will leave a paper with details and you have to collect it from mentioned post office. (I did that several times).

Just to make it more secure use an envelop with bubble wrap (special type of envelop, you can buy it from post as well).

No reply means "positive" ;-) So you dont need to worry!

But if something bad happens then it might be a fault of your embassy people!

Cheers...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/25/10 3:38 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
@EssKay

I would like to have your thoughts & experiences on the safety of sending and receiving Passports by post.

It is a very risky thing to do. Don't you know that there is a huge demand for Indian passports in black market. People are willing to pay any price for such a precious thing.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/3/10 9:13 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
Hallo Esskay,

Did you get your passport???what is the process. please let me know....

Regards,
Caty
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/4/10 12:42 AM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
Hi EssKay,
In case you in NRW, I would suggest you not to do anything by post as there is a simple safe way of doing this stuff. If you go to Cologne, there is an interface to Indian embassy where you need to deposit your current passport. In return they give you a receipt which is sufficient for you to carry out normal life here. Aprox after 1.5 months, this ofice receives your new passport issued by Indian embassey Frankfurt and this office from Cologne will inform you to collect it from there.

Hope this is easy for you to do...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/4/10 4:33 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
Renewed Passports normally comes with anschreiben post, so its fully secure by any means. I have got it also without any problem.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott