Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Workpermit for spouse without job offer?

Dear Experts,

I am working in Germany for past 4 years in IT.
My current residence permit/workpermit status is

"Aufenthalserlaubnis gem. §18IV S.1 AufenthG.
Selbstäntige Erwerbstätigkeit nicht erlaubt.
Beschäftigung uneingeschränkt erlaubt."

My wife is living in Germany for last 2 and 1/2 years. That is from <2004 Jan to 2005 June> and
<2006 June to till now>. But the period of absence was less than 12 months. (I suppose the visa status will be rest, if the absence was more than 18 months).

Her residence permit status is:

"Aufenthaltserlaubnis gem. §30 AufenthG
Erwerbstätigkeit nicht erlaubt."

Is she now eligible for workpermit based on her two and half years of residency in Germany even without job offer? Or she has to go through the regular route of Job offer -> Arbeitsamt -> Workpermit?

I have looked at the previous posts related to the same topic. But those posts were prior to 2005. Since the law has changed then, I could not make out a clear direction.

I request inputs from the people, who had faced the same situation in the past or any one familiar with the new laws.

I would be thankful for your time and effort in helping me.

Best Regards
Subbu
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3