Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

New passport, old NE

Toggle
New passport, old NE
Answer
5/2/12 1:19 PM
Hello,

Since last week I have a new passport, but my NE is still on my old passport. My new passport also mentions that I have a valid visa on my old passport. Now, I have 2 questions:

- Can it be a problem, if I travel with my passports (both) outside Germany and return without having applied for a new NE for my new passport?
- In 2 months I will be applying for German citizenship. Can I apply with new passport and old NE or do I have to apply for new one? I just thought if I could avoid new NE which will cost more than €200 just for a couple of months.
Any idea? I tried to reach ABH but couldn’t speak with the concerned person. That’s the reason decided to post my question here.

Regards
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Re: New passport, old NE
Answer
5/2/12 2:54 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Tony,

Good to know that u got ur new passport.

It should not be a problem if you have NE on your old passport as it is mentioned in new one that old passport has valid visa.I used both passports couple of times during controlling.

But still to be on safe side and to avoid hassles it is better to get it transfered. Atleast for residence permit with Time validity there is option to get it transfered to new passport by just paying 10€. I got it done.just went to ABH and was transfered in 5 mins. Not sure about NE.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/2/12 4:01 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
I believe that now you do not need it to be transferred as the permits are on e-cards now. So when you go to the visa cell and ask to transfer the permit to your new passport, they should issue you the NE on a e-card now which will have a validity date same as your new passport.

Please let us know how it goes...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/2/12 6:21 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
@deepz2010

yeah..finally got my passport from Indian embassy in Munich. The consulate people were really friendly, kind and reliable. Instead of writing letter and waiting for reply, they simply call you to inform about status or missing documents.

@Irosy
Thats my greatest angst. If I have to get new NE, it may cost more than €100 (correction, earlier I wrote 200 €). Will inform on the forum as soon as I get in touch with the concerned person.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/3/12 5:54 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hello,

Just for information:

finally, I could reach ABH and have been provided with following information:

- the transfer of NE from old to new passport shall be done as soon as possible.
- the transfer costs € 30 (and not €110 for eAT)

Regards
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3