Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse Visa - Flat belongs to housing cooperative

Spouse Visa - Flat belongs to housing cooperative
visa germany spouse rent
Answer
5/31/18 9:03 PM
Hello,

I live in Hamburg; I have a blue card. My wife sumbitted an application to join me here in Germany. After few weeks, I received a letter indicating that I need to submit some documents, including proof of space.

First, I will start with giving a little bit of background to explain the situation. When I came here to Germany, few months ago, I found a flat via Airbnb to live in temporarily. Then I made a deal with the "owner" of the flat to rent me the flat for a long duration and to provide me with a rental agreement (Mietvertrag) needed to sort out my papers. 

Now when I tried to sumbit these documents as a proof of space for my wife to be granted a visa and join me, I discovered that my landlord himself is (permanently) using this flat and that it belongs to a housing cooperative. So the visa office asked me to provide a confirmation that the housing cooperative are aware about and okay with this subletting. I am not sure if they are (I did not know if they exist), and I have less than two weeks to send this confirmation (they are not enough to find new flat and get a new residance certificate with the new address). And my landlord is not answering my messages (yet).

What do you suggest I should do?

PS. the space is enough to accomodate me and my wife. I live alone in the flat and have a rental agreemenet signed by the (sub-) landlord and me, which I sent to the visa office.

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18