Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

German Citizenship in Bayern

Toggle
German Citizenship in Bayern
Answer
1/8/08 8:11 PM
Wishing the Trust7 community and their family members a happy and prosperous New Year 2008.

Since my stay in Germany will be 8 years old in March'08 I was at the Einbürgerungsamt to enquire about my credentials for a German Passport. The answer was my first two years as a student (Aufenthaltbewilligung) will not be included as 'Gewöhnlicher' aufenthalt. So I have to wait for 2 more years to get a Deutsches Paß.

I live in Regensburg, Bayern. Is there anyone who has already received German Citizenship and whose case was similar to that of mine.

Would a lawyer be of help in this case?

Please advice me.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: German Citizenship in Bayern
Answer
1/9/08 3:15 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Bayern and Baden-Württemberg do not count student time for citizenship. So there is no way to get help from a lawyer in this regard.

If you are a resident of other states (Haupt Anmeldung), you can get your citizenship now! Lots of ex-students get citizenship in this way!

br
MK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/10/08 11:27 AM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
my case is similar to yours and I got the citizenship end of 2006 in Bayern (2 years studying + 6 years working). I also have friends with the same situation who all got the citizenships too and in Bayern as well. hope this helps
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/10/08 12:09 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Hi GC1234,
Thanks for the info.
If you dont mind could you please give me your email id. I will get in touch with you soon.
Regards
Chandra
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3