Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
Elterngeld
Answer
5/17/10 2:25 AM
“Elterngeld” is meant to soften the financial effect of caring for one’s newborn while staying completely at home with one´s child or by merely reducing the time at work.

From an immigration standpoint, if a non EU national meets the following requirements, he or she is basically eligible for “Elterngeld” for their newborn up to the point when the latter reaches 14 months of age:

•Possession of either a settlement permit or
•A residence permit that permits employment
unless the residence permit for the purpose of employment (§ 18 II AufenthG) has been issued for a maximum period. According to the "Beschäftigungsverordnung" this restriction is only the case for certain jobs.

Elterngeld amounts to 67 percent of the average monthly income and is capped by the amount of 1.800,00 EUR. The last 12 months prior to the birth are taken into account for measuring the average monthly income. To maximise the amount of Elterngeld the eligible parent can switch into a more favourable tax class. If done early, before or in the early stages of the 12 month reference time, such a change results in a higher monthly salary and, ultimately, more Elterngeld. The Federal Court dealing with such cases has now explicitly ruled that switching into a more favourable tax class with a view to increasing Elterngeld is acceptable and does not constitute an abuse of rights (BSG, 25.6.2009 – B 10 EG 3/08).

contact@kanzlei-jain.de
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Elterngeld
Answer
5/18/10 7:54 PM as a reply to rechtsanwalt jain.
Hi vakalat,

Thank you for sharing the valuable information.
My wife is having EG visa with §30, but she is not working and my self having D-EG Visa.

is she eligible for Elterngeld with §30 EG Visa?

thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/19/10 3:42 PM as a reply to rechtsanwalt jain.
I hope she is. I'm in a same situation and I'm 99% sure.
My wife is working though.

A Confirmation from vakalat would be good...

Did your wife not work at all in the past (x) months?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/19/10 8:09 PM as a reply to rechtsanwalt jain.
since 1 year she is in Germany and from starting she is not working.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/21/10 12:29 PM as a reply to rechtsanwalt jain.
I suppose she will get the minimum of 300 EUR / Month.

Check this for more info: http://www.bmfsfj.de/BMFSFJ/familie,did=116804,textfragment=116860.html#fragment
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/10 2:42 PM as a reply to rechtsanwalt jain.
Hi All,

while searching I found this message in the forum which is related to my query.

You mentioned if the wife is not working at all in Germany, then she can get min. amount 300 EUR.

But my wife living in Germany since 2006 Oct. and not working at all since then got a rejected letter saying because in her Aufenthaltserlaubnis it says Erwerbstätigkeit nicht gestattet.

Is there any other way to get this elterngeld? or to make the Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet?

thanks,
Sreedhar
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/10 5:12 PM as a reply to rechtsanwalt jain.
For Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet, either she has to find a job and apply for a work permit or in the case you have NE or D-EG then she gets the right to work immediately.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/10 8:36 PM as a reply to rechtsanwalt jain.
@SreedharK

go for NE..
search for niederlassungserlaubnis in this forum if you want to get one without having to wait for the 5 years limit as lot of rules have changed..
for example

http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/integration/i_got_my_niderlassungserlaubnis
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Re: Elterngeld
Answer
9/25/13 8:41 AM as a reply to sridhar kadiyala.
Hallo,

I am entitled to take the time off work for elternzeit while having only worked in Germany for 10 months since the pay is calulated on last 12 months salary.

How many months am I allowed to take as a father for elterzeit?

br,

deni
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3