Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Student Visa for Spouse

Toggle
Student Visa for Spouse
Answer
2/5/12 10:25 PM
Hallo,

I am from India and have been studying masters in Germany since 2 years. I will start my PhD from April and will be receiving stipend. My wife is a software professional with 3 yrs experience. She needs to come to Germany.

Can she do MS after coming here on a dependent visa ? or Is it better to get a Student Visa from India and travel to Germany ?

For getting student visa from India, she needs to show 7656 euros in her bank account. Is it possible that I can act as sponsor from Germany ?

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Student Visa for Spouse
Answer
2/13/12 2:48 PM as a reply to Nandish Kuruvatti.
If she already has secured an admission in the Germany university. Yes you can state in the visa application that you will sponsor her and ofcourse you should have enough income for this. She can come in an independent student visa. But if she comes on a spouse visa and wants to study this is also possible but she will not be entitled for the working option that students get (90 half day r 180 full days). Some time its useful to ask the suggestion of the persons at the ausländerbehörde, if they are friendly at your city.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Student Visa for Spouse
Answer
2/13/12 10:41 PM as a reply to Nandish Kuruvatti.
Hi,

As far as I have got know it is better if your spouse applies from India and travels on her own independent VISA. Thus she can avoid all the problems that she will have later for entering as a dependent.

Also when she applies as a dependent she will have to first have a German Language A1 certificate while applying for Dependent VISA and when she comes here she has to take up Integration Course for 6 months. These can be avoided ( my guess).

And if the person enters as independent student it will be easier to support each other later point in time if need arises (changing the mutual status of spouses from dependent to independent at later point in time is very difficult).

All the best.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3