Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Working in UK with BE

Toggle
Working in UK with BE
Answer
9/15/08 12:18 PM
Hello everyone,

the company I'm working for in Germany has a branch in the UK, and is looking to get me involved there in a project for a limited time(3 months I would say).

Knowing that I have BE, and that I will be needing a visa even to visit the UK as a tourist, is there a way for me to go work on that project?

If yes, could my wife get a long term visa to the Uk to accompany me?

I have no idea about UK laws, and I'd like to know what to expect before I talk with my company.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Working in UK with BE
Answer
9/15/08 1:08 PM as a reply to Toni Tabet.
even having an NE will not help in the case of UK. But you can get a business visa for three months with an invitation letter from the Branch in UK. Long term visa for you wife is only possible if you have a long term visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/15/08 1:19 PM as a reply to Toni Tabet.
Thanks raj for the quick reply.

Ok so there is an easy way.
Any idea how long it would take to process such a visa? Is it a multiple entry visa?

Would my short term stay in the UK influence my long term stay in Germany in any way?

Could my wife easily get a visit visa for the same period?

I appreciate any info regarding this subject.

Thanks again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/15/08 1:34 PM as a reply to Toni Tabet.
>>Any idea how long it would take to process such a visa? Is it a multiple entry visa?

Depends on when you get the Termin to submit the papers in WorldBridgeServices. Normally after submitting the papers will take one week for them to post the passport back. But you can track the application online. Yes it is normally multiple entry visa.

>>Would my short term stay in the UK influence my long term stay in Germany in any way?

Your are goin just for three months so no worry there.

>>Could my wife easily get a visit visa for the same period?

This is little complicated because you wife will not be eligible for Business visa. She can apply only for tourist visa, but she has to show proof of accomodation etc etc.

More information is available here

https://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/Content.aspx?Tag=Welcome_PAGE
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/15/08 1:40 PM as a reply to Toni Tabet.
Thanks raj, that was very helpful.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18