Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Seeking medical advice...

Toggle
Seeking medical advice...
Answer
5/4/11 2:28 AM
Friends,

I would like to have some medical advice in Germany for one of my close relatives in India, who is suffering from some acute spine problems. With due respect to doctors in my country, my basic idea is to see what the doctors over here have to say regarding her case.

Now what I ain't sure is whether this is possible in Germany and if so, then what's the procedure? Does anyone have any experience or clue? Any guidance/reference is highly appreciated.

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Seeking medical advice...
Answer
5/4/11 3:42 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
Any comments my friends?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/4/11 3:53 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
there are lots of doctors - but you will have to pay them out of your own pocket.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/4/11 5:22 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
Hello Bies,

That's clear - I can't expect the doctors over here to do charity. I have infact tried to just walk straight with the reports to an Ortho chamber, but the receptionist didn't seem to have much idea on how to deal with it and refused to let me speak to the doc.

Perhaps I should approach a Krankenhaus instead?

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/5/11 7:48 AM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
Hi,

well I suppose that you will have better luck with private doctors. You or your relative need to be prepared to pay a lot of money for an acute spine treatment in DE, specially if it requires surgery.

I recommend you to get a spine tomography of your relative taken in India (he/she needs to visit a place where they deliver the result in digital format, so he/she could send it to you via E-mail or FTP). This, annexed with the report of the local doctor in India should be enough for a doctor in Germany to give you some first impressions, without moving your relative to DE.

Be careful though, doctors everywhere like surgeries (they get more $$$ ;-) ) and usually in the spine the results aren't the best always.

Maybe acupuncture could be a better option in that case...

Hope it helps,

Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/5/11 8:45 AM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
very easy, just tell the damm receptionist, you are going to pay for the consultation by private.
However I am not sure if the doctor here is better than there. Remember my experience, those arrogants people, asked 3 expert got 3 different opinion.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/12/11 7:11 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
well medical attention in germany is another story, attention is miserable and doctors do the minimal needed to attend a patient. yes the coverage is huge but the quality is dreadful (at least for normal medical checks). the best you can do is befriend a german who happens to be a doctor and ask him about your situation privately.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott