Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Can my wife apply for a reunion visa while I apply for my employment visa

Toggle
Hello all,

I have a job contract with a company in Munich and will be applying for an employment visa next week. The joining date is 1st July, which is approximately 70 days from today. I will be applying for the EU Blue card once I reach there.

My wife would be joining me, but she cannot stay here alone for long, as she is dependent on me. So would want to know if it possible to apply for my wife's reunion visa at the same time as I apply for mine employment visa?

I believe that we have most of our documents in place but she doesn't speak German (The checklist for reunion visa asks for a 'Proof of German knowledge (A1) and mentions that there can be exemptions). Also, I do not have a residence permit which is also required as per the checklist for reunion visa. (As per my contract, my employer will be booking an apartment for the first 2 months for me, I was wondering if this would be a good idea to mention in her's visa application)

Thanks to all who reply here regularly. I am going through some old posts and it has cleared some of my doubts about the visa application.

Regards,
Jayesh
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Can my wife apply for a reunion visa while I apply for my employment vi
Answer
4/25/18 12:53 AM as a reply to Jayesh Solanki.
Hi Jayesh,
I am also in the same situation, can you please let me know if you have processed your spouse as well along with you, and what are the documents required? Is that Family ReUnion application form to be filled?
Can you please share your inputs.

Thanks
Ven
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7