Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

Relocation to India

Toggle
Relocation to India
Answer
12/23/11 7:11 AM
Hi all ,
we hold indian passports and our kid holds german passport which means she is a german citizen.we have not taken PIO or OCI.Each time we take visa while visiting india.
We are planning to relocate back to india.
what will happen to the status of my kid.should we surrender the kids passport back to the embassy in india to become and be considered as indian.

pls advice.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Relocation to India
Answer
12/23/11 2:56 PM as a reply to romi romi.
the kids are only eligible for PIO and not OCI.
to get OCI either mother or father should hold the German passport.

if you have OCI after one year stay in india you can change it to indian passport. It is a good idea to have German pass for kids .. think about it ..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/23/11 6:35 PM as a reply to romi romi.
>> if you have OCI after one year stay in india you can change it to indian passport

For the case where we have neither PIO nor OCI, how will the case be treated any idea.

>> It is a good idea to have German pass for kids .

But when we plan to relocate and then hold German Pass,then wont it affect everywhere in the sense paying fees etc ...she would be treated as foreigner right.Also by holding this pass without PIO means the kid has to get back to germany in 6 months period of time right.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/23/11 9:21 PM as a reply to romi romi.
why dont you visit and check this document
"http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/oci-chart.pdf".

your kid is eligible for OCI and you should go for it.. why you want to give up german citizenship? your kid is at par with other indian kids in the fileds of education and should not be discriminated. Perhaps greedy private schools try to mislead you in order to demand extra cash for your kids admission, but thats illegal(may be you can ask Anna hazare for help).

Please read this in regards to OCI item iii below:

(i) A multiple entry
multi-purpose life long
visa for visiting India.
(ii)Exemption from
registration with local
police authority for any
length of stay in India.
(iii) Parity with Non
resident Indians (NRIs)
in respect of economic,
financial and educational
fields except in relation
to acquisition of
agricultural or plantation
properties. No parity
shall be allowed in the
sphere of political rights.
Any other benefits to
OCIs will be notified by
the Ministry of Overseas
Indian Affairs (MOIA)
under Section 7B(1) of
the Citizenship Act,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/12 7:42 PM as a reply to romi romi.
Dear Experts,

How OCI kids will be treated in India for higher educations.
- Are they allowed to appear in Engineering (IIT etc.), Medical or Management (IIM etc.) test?
- Are they will compete for the same number of seats as Indian Kids do or only for NRI quota seats?
- Do schools/Colleges charges NRI fees to OCI kids or same as Indian Kids?

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/6/12 1:22 AM as a reply to romi romi.
how old are your kids. have they studied in german schools here m in that case what about the schools in india? can you share the info please,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/6/12 1:03 PM as a reply to romi romi.
@havehope
I am an Indian citizen living in Germany since last 11 years. My daughter is 9 and half years old. Currently she is in class four and studying in German school. She will start class five in September in Gymnasium.
We are planning to move to India in next 2-3 years. Before moving to India I want to take German Citizenship + OCI for myself and my daughter. I know taking German Citizenship can provide many future advantages for my daughter if she opted to come abroad later. But at the same time I want to evaluate her future in India with OCI status especially for her future education.
If she with OCI status has same rights as any other Indian kids in field of education then it would be very simple decision to take. I just want to make sure that she should not be discriminated in schools or for appearing in engineering, medical etc. exams just because of her OCI status.
OCI document says: Parity with NRI in respect of educational fields. It doesn’t say parity with Indian resident. This sounds bit confusing to me.
I hope some advice and info from my Indian forum members :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott