Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Any good calling cards to India and UK

Toggle
Any good calling cards to India and UK
Answer
12/25/04 1:01 PM
Hi,

Can any one suggest good calling cards to India and within Europe. We try several cards but some are charging connection charges and some cards are really dont work as per the promise. Obviously i dont know many cards in the market. Let you people suggets me good calling cards Please.

Regards,

Baskey
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Any good calling cards to India and UK
Answer
12/26/04 4:44 PM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
Hi Baskey,

Its been long time since I used calling cards as even the best cards like Galaxy, Globalline are not good sometimes. So I am using 01015 (14.9 cents per minute to India) which is convinient. U need to dial 01015-0091-number. The bill will be added to festnet bill. MWST is x-tra. The connection is almost instant.

Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/26/04 5:25 PM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
hi frens,
Even better one is 0190031-0091 to india. landline is 10,9c/m and 15 c/m mobile..
regards
a GC frm india
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/27/04 7:28 PM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
You can try below site for calling cards, offers discounted price

http://www.eurocallingcards.net/eurocc_customer/euro_index.asp
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/04 12:56 PM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
Hi GC-friend and Bizzare,

It was nice to see ur response .I am staying here for past 1 year and have not heard about this way of calling .Well once i use it i could know whether is it worth or not!
I have a question regarding this new method.
I hold a mobile and the network provider is O2 .
When u take a O2 connection u get two numbers one for homezone( works as landline) and another for city/mobile zone ( when u r out of home).
so my question is if i call from homezone using 0190031-0091 or 01015-0091 procedure will there be any extra costs other than 10 - 15C/m and MWST?

Thanks,
kish
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/04 1:19 PM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
Hallo Kish,
The O2 home zone acts as a landline number, only for incoming calls. The calls from your homezone number is cheaper than outside homezone region, but that is another matter.

Lets say you call your friends number from your mobile when you are in home zone. You will see that the call originates from your mobile and not your home zone number.

I am not sure you can use these call numbers from your mobile as I dont think there are any understanding between O2 and these service providers for those charges to appear in your O2 bill.

Maybe u can try and let me know if u were successfull.

Cheers
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/04 1:28 PM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
Just one more additional information.
I have been using these calling cards for the past 4.5 years, but to tell u the truth these calling cards are just a waste of money and patience.

No callingcard company is worth using for a longer period of time. At first they are good but after some time the service and minutes decrease and finally they shutdown and start a new card in another name.

It is always better to try out the newer cards as they give more minutes.

But the costeffective way would be to try 'SKYPE' software which make crystal clear connections between computers. They also have this new facility to call landline and mobiles in India for 15 cents from your desktop.

Cheers
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/04 2:20 PM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
Hey Raj,
Ya , what u said was right.I knew it but wanted to hear from other so that i would be feel that i am right.If u use ur mobile to call it would be very expensive from O2 and regarding the skype i use it to chat with friends in Swedon and UK its the best.I have never seen the new offers that provides us calling from desktops to landline/mobile so i have to try it.
I would say u onething i have used telefon cards,net2phone,hotfoon and many things but all are of waste of money. So recently i have adopted a new method to chat with friends and family its very cheaper and worth and the best , instead of me calling them wasting money in euroes i have asked them to call me once every two weeks using cards and is less than Rs 4 per minute.

Regards,
kish
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/04 4:15 PM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
In my experience I have been using the card 'Best Minutes' and find it is OK comparing to other cards. In my opinion all calling cards are waste of time and money. I use Arcor for my festnetz and it does not allow me to use 0105 etc., No idea why. I will try the 'SkyPE' this time.

Regards, Asian
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/6/05 5:11 PM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
Perhaps this helps:

10.9¢ / min To India on regular phone
12.4c / min to India - CELL

1.9c/min to UK regular phone (almost the same to all EU countries)
15.9c/min to UK Cell

you can find these on

http://www.prepaidphonecards4u.com

Their new forum:

http://www.prepaidphonecards4u.com/forum/

You can search for even more rates.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/6/05 6:29 PM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
Check this sight before calling Indian/UK etc...
you can call India for 9,30 C (as of now)
and UK for 1,70 C
but, this works only from your land line (Festnetz)

http://www.billiger-telefonieren.de/tarife/schnellrechner.php3

Cheers
Raghu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/9/05 1:00 PM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
Hi,

I tried Skype yesterday to call a friend in UK. It was crystal clear. But I tried to call my family in India, somehow it was not working. I could hear their voice, but they could'nt hear mine. May be some problem with the line. Anyway I will try it again tomorrow.

Regards

Faisal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/05 3:58 PM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
Hey Friends, just a minute. I am confused.

What is this way of calling by number 01015 or 0190031?

I am in Germany Cologne and have Vodafone Mobile D2 card (prepaid)

How will it work for me?

prkoparkar
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/05 4:38 PM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
Don’t be confused, these numbers will not work from D2 (or from any other mobile)

These numbers (01015,0190031…) can be used from Festnetz (land line) and the charges will be added up to the telephone bill.

Cheers
Raghu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/05 5:11 PM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
Skype is really good. I have used it within Germany and it was crystal clear. About UK and Sweden also I have already read that its working.
Once I had used it to India also and to my surprise it was crystal clear - same as using the direct phone line. But next day when I tried it was not so clear. The difference I found was between the timing and speed on either side. First time I tried it at around 20:30 hrs German time and it was very clear. May be at that time the traffic was very less over the network.

Most of the times I use 01015 or 01071-00-91-..... to call and its worth spending time and money. 100 times better than any card.
Check the current cost of these pre-dialled numbers from
http://www.billiger-telefonieren.de/
for any country.

Have fun.
Soni
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Any good calling cards to India and UK
Answer
11/24/13 12:46 AM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
Try tis websire: www.comfi.com.
I've usually used their services in order to call from UK to US. Low rates and pretty handy too. You should try.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/19/14 10:03 AM as a reply to Baskaran Kumarsamy.
The best deal for India and from India I found is Lyca Star calling card from Ontario Calling Cards. You may check the full list of competing calling cards for India at http://www.ontariophonecards.ca/india.calling-cards
-1 (1 Vote)

Answer
10/21/14 9:16 AM as a reply to anderson.
I'd like to know calling card options now, the thread is pretty old so not sure how relevant it still is. Earlier last year, I was in a different country and there was a flat Teleline calling card which would allow unlimited calls to India (and some other countries) for a fixed monthly price, and I'd dial my local landline to route the call to India.

Was wondering if there is any similar option here as well?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott