Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Purchasing a car before licence

Toggle
Purchasing a car before licence
Answer
12/29/08 5:12 AM
Hello,
Can I purchase and register a car before making a driving licence. Would it be compulsory to show driving licence when going to insurance and registration.
Thanks
Nasir
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Purchasing a car before licence
Answer
12/29/08 11:36 AM as a reply to nasir rahim.
You won't be able to get insurance on your name without driving license. And for the registration you need to show proof of the insurance.
Of course you can still buy a car, keep it in the garage without license plates and register it latter.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/19/09 11:55 AM as a reply to nasir rahim.
Hello,

I dont like to start a new thread since my question is related to the car topic and lisence. I plan to buy a car and i have international driving lisence issued from my home country and will be expired in December 2008.. I ask from the department incharge if it can be converted into national driving lisence (Germany). Answer is no. I need to take an exam before they can issue me a driving lisence. Anyone who has experience in getting a drivers lisence in Germany ? Was the exam in German only or have an option to take the exam in English? How is the process in getting this lisence?
Thank you very much.

W
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/22/09 5:33 PM as a reply to nasir rahim.
"I ask from the department incharge if it can be converted into national driving lisence (Germany). Answer is no. I need to take an exam before they can issue me a driving lisence", you can get it translated and approved by ADAC and this will reduce the time you will have to do in the driving courses, there will be a couple of hours you won't do. I did that back in the day.
You can get it done by ADAC up to 3 years living in Germany.
"Anyone who has experience in getting a drivers licence in Germany?", a bunch of us I think.
"Was the exam in German only or have an option to take the exam in English? How is the process in getting this license?" you won't be able to do it in your mother tongue but it's available in most official languages (Greek, French, English, Italian,...), it's up to you but I think you have to tell them in advance.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/09 2:08 PM as a reply to nasir rahim.
Dear friends,

Note the following reply from Janitos (MLP) regarding taking car insurance before getting a German driving license. My Fahrschule also gave the same opinion earlier, but cautioned that one is not supposed to drive on "public roads" before getting the license. My main purpose was to already buy a car and to start using it for practice at ADAC Übungsplatz and the like. Of course this car needs to be registered and thus needs an insurance. Please share our views.

Kerwiss
--------------------------------------------
Sehr geehrter herr ----,

es ist richtig, daß Sie nicht im Besitz eines Führerscheines sein müssen, um als Versicherungsnehmer oder Halter ein Kraftfahrtzeug anmelden zu können. Sie müssen aber 18 Jahre alt sein.

Bei uns würde dann mit der SF 1/2 (100%) eingestuft werden, sofern Sie 23 Jahre alt sind.

Wenn Sie interesse an einer Kfz Versicherung haben, müssen Sie sich allerdings an einen Makler wenden, da wir hier keinen Direktbestand führen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Janitos Versicherung AG
Kunden-Service-Center

---------------------------------------
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/25/11 12:44 AM as a reply to nasir rahim.
I just registered a car without a licence. And got 100 % insurance from Janitos through MLP. Since I am currently undertaking driving instructions and already purchased a car that needed to be registered, all I had to do was inform the insurance guys about this and they were ok.
Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18