Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Einbürgerung for kids - do they need to give up old citizenship?

Toggle
Hi,

I just picked up "Einbüprgerungszusicherung" for me and my daughter and I was told that my kid will also need to give up old citizenship.

I was thinking that this does not apply for kids and that they can have both citizenships until 18th or 21st year and then they need to decide which one to keep.

My situation is that daughter was born when I did not have right to start "Einbürgerungsprozess" and they told me that this is a reason why she can not keep both passports now.

Any idea where can I check this (somewhere in law)?

Thanks,
Dracus
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Einbürgerung for kids - do they need to give up old citizenship?
Answer
3/19/09 6:49 PM as a reply to Marcus Dracus.
>>I was thinking that this does not apply for kids and that they can have both citizenships until 18th or 21st year and then they need to decide which one to keep.

Have a look in §4 in StAG

>>My situation is that daughter was born when I did not have right to start "Einbürgerungsprozess" and they told me that this is a reason why she can not keep both passports now.

True. If she was born after you became Deutsch what you said previously will apply. But since it is not the case it is just like your case.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott