Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Dependent visa while Moving from NZ to germany

Toggle
I tried searching for a case similar to mine, but looks like it doesn't exist emoticon
We are a family of 3, and have permanent residence in New Zealand. I got an offer for a job in Germany, and applied for blue card at Wellington embassy in NZ 6 weeks back. We are Indian passport holders.

As the visa officer at the embassy said, I received my visa the next week, but my wife and child's visa is still pending. Based on what I read in the forums, the marriage certificate can probably be investigated in India. However, our current residence is in New Zealand, and I am wondering how the process will proceed in our case. Our residence address in India is currently unoccupied. 

I arrived in Germany 2 weeks back and have not received any request for any documents. No communication so far.
Is it advisable to enquire the general status at a local office here in Germany? I read that it could further delay the process?
Any advise would be great. To be clear, I am fine with waiting for the bureaucracy to go through their steps, just wondering how the process would work in my case and if we should have any arrangements in India in case there is a background check expected.
Many thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Dependent visa while Moving from NZ to germany
Answer
4/22/18 9:36 PM as a reply to Arun.
Hi everyone. The passports came in today! There was no email from the consulate, or any kind of verification. I guess the process is quite different if you apply from outside India. Thankfully, it did not go into any kind of verification in India.
Overall, it took 5 weeks from our interview date.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott