Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

British & US Visas

Toggle
British & US Visas
Answer
4/21/06 3:58 PM
Dear Friends,
Will appreciate feedback from experienced GCs.Am an indian national.Can i apply for a multiple entry 1 year (or 2 yr)UK and US business visas on my current passport? I might need to visit UK soon and thought of applying multiple entries from the beginning.
My current passport is expiring on May 2007. I applied for a new one today and will get it in 4-6 weeks time.So in case the multiple entry UK and US visa can only be issued on the new passport then my trip will get delayed. Whats the best solution?
2nd question, do you all paste your old passports to the new ones? (india specific)
Will appreciate your replies.
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Re: British & US Visas
Answer
4/21/06 5:01 PM as a reply to GnR GnR.
Hi GnR,
Zou can apply for a Multiple Entry Visa. But I have heard from many and also experienced that the UK Consulate issues a 6 month Multiple Entry visa to start with and then, when you apply next time, you might get a 1 year or 2 year multiple entry.
Even if your passport expires, the visa can still be in the old passport. Everytime you travel to the UK or US, carry your old passport with the valid visa with you.
And offcourse, when you renew your passport, mention to the Indian consulate that the passport has valid visas.
Hope this answers your question.
BTW, is your passport expiring in May 2006 or May 2007? If it is expiring in May 2006, then US and UK consulate wil lnot issues a visa, as your passport should have atleast 6 months validity on it.
Cheers
Josh
0 (0 Votes)

Re: British & US Visas
Answer
4/26/06 3:32 PM as a reply to GnR GnR.
Hi Josh
Thanks for your answer. My passport is expiring on May 2007 and not 2006. As per new regulations by Indian government, you can apply for your new passport one year before the expiry of the old one.
regards
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3