Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Indian Management in Germany

Toggle
Indian Management in Germany
Answer
4/7/12 1:21 PM
Dear All,

I have possibility to join one of the biggest Indian IT company in Germany. I dont understand if it would be a good idea to join or not ? some of my Indian friend told me that Indian Management in India want work and work, no balace with personal life, overtime without pay. I am not sure if Indian Management in Germany would be doing the same thing ??? Please share your experience especially if you work with Infosys/HCL/Tata/Wipro in Germany. Your comments will help me to make my decision.

Thanks in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Indian Management in Germany
Answer
4/7/12 10:00 PM as a reply to Mamun Kabir.
Congrats to you. But yes, indian companies have the same attitude in overseas as well. Many upfront may not agree to this point, but internally, firms like tcs/infosys/wipro all are the same. No idea how hcl does.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/8/12 2:31 AM as a reply to Mamun Kabir.
Know many friends working for Indian companies. However, most of them joined the companies in India and moved over here - therefore they have no problems with work culture, overtime, etc. However, if you have a German contract with 40 hours, you could manage with your 40 hour contracts. Still you wouldnt make friends if you push 40 hours through.

Even in German companies, it might be difficult but still I think work-life balance is much better.

Also another issue is that decisions are taken in India and not here. This might frustrate you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/10/12 7:34 PM as a reply to Mamun Kabir.
Sometimes they (tcs) try to bond employees...but if you can get contract with German afilliate it is best

Search for "bond breach" as a problem

http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/visa_questions/indian_bond_in_germany/
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/17/12 7:25 PM as a reply to Mamun Kabir.
Hi,

I know a close friend who whorked for HCL. At least he had restricted number of hours to work and overtime was compensated similar to Gleitzeit in Germany. But it was wish from customer who gave that project.

I too have woekd in India for Indian company. I had a different expereince. Am not sure if I would have focuscontinued after getting married with that company. Others correct me if I am wrong, in India you can (or at least invest more time) more on carrier. You do not need to do all the household work like cleaning utensils, cleaning home, wäsche waschen etc. You do not do tonnes of paper work like in Germany and do not stand in queue while going for Einkaufen just a litre milk. That's why long hours work in India works somehow.

In Germany life is tooo busy (sorry but sometimes unnecessarily) as one does everything on its own, so I do not think that you will find same work culture in Indian companies operating in Germany.

Have you got the agreement? What do they say about Urlaub/Krnakmeldung etc.? Do they mention Gleitzeit model? Usually they have 9 to 5 model which works fine.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/21/12 12:20 PM as a reply to Mamun Kabir.
Indian IT companies pays lot higher salary in Germany than their local counterpart. If you join them as programmer or below, you are unlikely to get affected. You may have a decent work life balance. If you join as a client relationship manager or Senior PM or Delivery Manager or Sales person, you will realize the pressure yourself (no one have to tell you) and you will end up working more. Obviously I am not referring to those who have joined in India and moved here. I am referring to a local contract with 40 hour per week. A friend of mine works all week ends. On an average he goes home at 1AM each day. He is a Delivery Manager in one of those companies you mentioned.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/12 2:12 PM as a reply to Mamun Kabir.
You set your own work/life balance, no matter where you are. If people stay until 1am then there is a culture clash which you will be intimidated to follow but you can ignore. Ulimately you will leave as this culture gap will wear you out and prospects for promotion are Null but this could take years - long enough to get the next job. Document your hours and progress and they cannot fire you. Use this negative to your advantage - demand a management job with customer facing role and min 10 back office engineers (in India) supporting you including one deputy manager. Then your high cost (and 8hr days) is offset.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott