Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Emirates: Change of sir name

Toggle
Emirates: Change of sir name
Answer
10/7/09 5:10 PM
I booked online tickets for me and my wife and we are planning to travel in December´09. But recently our passports were stolen, we went to our embassy and they informed that the sir name on my wife´s passport will be changed to my name, as we already changed the same in her ID.

Now the airline says we have to cancel this booking and buy a new ticket, as it is online booking and they cant do anything. I will appreciate if anyone can come up with a good advise, so that we can save some money.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Emirates: Change of sir name
Answer
10/8/09 6:00 AM as a reply to Rohit Kumar.
Hi,

There would be always cancellation option although its a online booking.Perhaps there could be cancellation fee of 50-100 Bucks.

It would be better to consult a well known travel agent who could help you.

But for my idea..there is always a cancellation upon a certain amount of charges.

Better Luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/8/09 3:07 PM as a reply to Rohit Kumar.
Hi,

May be this idea works - Take a Reiserücktritt Insurance and then cancel the tickets. Make a search in Google with the above keyword and try to find their conditions and info. Would appreciate if you post the end result here, that would be helpful for everyone.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/8/09 3:49 PM as a reply to Rohit Kumar.
Go to embessy and ask for oficial letter (praman patra) that sir name of ur wife on stolen passport was such and such.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/8/09 5:16 PM as a reply to Rohit Kumar.
Also I remember recent post with airline

http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/faq_and_important_links/compensation_or_no_compensation
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/8/09 9:16 PM as a reply to Rohit Kumar.
"May be this idea works - Take a Reiserücktritt Insurance and then cancel the tickets."

Hello Meetmohan,
In which part of the world is it possible to claim compensation from insurance for a damaging event that occurred before taking the covering insurance policy?
You were joking right?

kerwiss
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/9/09 8:11 PM as a reply to Rohit Kumar.
Take a close look to the general terms of condition they are referring to. Regarding the validity of their position (cancellation and rebooking without any refund or loss in refund) much will depend on which law is applicable. That is a question of law of conflicts. Depending on the circumstances, it could be German law or law of the United Arab Emirates. In any event, with Germany being the point of departure the European Union’s Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding and of cancellation or long delay of flights is applicable. With that in mind and with the purpose of effecting a change in their stance, I would advise you to contact the airline again, this time in written form. Explain and outline the situation again. Point out that their current position "they cannot do anything because it is online booking and that you have to cancel and buy a new ticket" –I add: without full refund later, if it turns out that the ticket under the previous name remains, in fact, unused- constitutes denied boarding as covered by the European Union’s Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 and that you are going to insist on your rights under this regulation, especially Article 4 Sub. 2 in conjunction with Art. 8 of the EU-Regulation 261/2004.

Good luck and a nice weekend

Rechtsanwalt_Jain@yahoo.de
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3