Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Formalities for returning to Germany

Toggle
Formalities for returning to Germany
Answer
5/22/12 2:02 PM
Hi,

I have a valid residence permit (D-EG) for Germany, although I worked outside Germany (in an EEA country) for the past two years. I kept the ABH informed about my situation and now it is time to return to Germany. I still do not have a job offer; but had some interviews and the applications are under processing. In this circumstances, could you please provide some info regarding the following queries:

1) Should I register with the Arbeitsamt as a job seeker? And am I eligible for ALG, if I do not get a job at the start?

2) Can my wife get the residence permit right away? (She also lived in Germany for 3 years; but her residence permit expired last year)

3) In order to get a residence permit for my wife, must I have an Anmeldung with any Rathaus? I am asking this because the city I will move in depends on where I get a job.

4) What is the minm size of an apartment for a 3 persons family (husband-wife-one child)?

Thanks for your friendly suggestions.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Formalities for returning to Germany
Answer
5/23/12 1:15 AM as a reply to Chandra Bindu.
It will be very helpful if any of you can reply even only a few of the questions, if not all of them. I searched for the forum before posting it; but no luck. Any pointer to a similar thread can be also very useful.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/12 3:20 AM as a reply to Chandra Bindu.
1) Should I register with the Arbeitsamt as a job seeker? And am I eligible for ALG, if I do not get a job at the start?

>> As you kept informed ABH you should continue it. If you do not get any ALG from your current work country then probably you get it (depends on your last status)!

2) Can my wife get the residence permit right away? (She also lived in Germany for 3 years; but her residence permit expired last year)

>> She should get as you mentioned that you always kept informed ABH.

3) In order to get a residence permit for my wife, must I have an Anmeldung with any Rathaus? I am asking this because the city I will move in depends on where I get a job.

>> It's better to ask this question directly to German embassy or ABH to avoid any unknown complexity.

4) What is the minm size of an apartment for a 3 persons family (husband-wife-one child)?

>> ca. 39 sqm.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/12 3:58 PM as a reply to Chandra Bindu.
1. Yes to get some kind of ALG.

3. You can do it in any city/rathaus but bear in mind that your "Akte" will be moved from the last place you lived in germany to your new town (this will delay processes a little bit).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/12 6:11 PM as a reply to Chandra Bindu.
Thanks a lot to both of you for your informative reply. I am contacting the ABH regarding the residence permit issues and post the outcome here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/30/12 8:30 PM as a reply to Chandra Bindu.
Well, things got a bit complicated. The ABH has replied me that even my residence permit is expired according to § 51 Abs. 9 Aufenthaltsgesetz (9) Die Erlaubnis zum Daueraufenthalt-EG erlischt nur, wenn 3. sich der Ausländer für einen Zeitraum von zwölf aufeinander folgenden Monaten außerhalb des Gebiets aufhält, in dem die Rechtsstellung eines langfristig Aufenthaltsberechtigten erworben werden kann...).

This is strange, because before I left Germany I asked the ABH if it is OK, if I travel to Germany once per year. Their reply was, "Es ist richtig, dass ein - auch kurzfristiger - Aufenthalt vor Ablauf von 12 Monaten das Erlöschen des Aufenthaltstitels verhindern sollte. Ein Nachweis - z.B. Einreise- und Ausreisestempel im Pass -sollte aber vorhanden sein."

I visited Germany in March 2011, visited the ABH and got a document saying the D-EG will be valid till March 2012 (even if I stay outside Germany). I visited Germany again in January 2012; but this time did not visit the ABH.

This is a very frustrating situation. I have already sent a copy of my travel documents. Could anyone please suggest what else I can do now, if they do not accept is as sufficient proof?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/30/12 9:15 PM as a reply to Chandra Bindu.
The good news is, they have accepted those travel documents. emoticon

I am keeping my previous message so that others can get some idea if facing similar situations.

For the residence permit of my wife and child, they can stay as visitors for 90 days with the residence permit from another Schengen country. If I get a job and the income is sufficient for the family, I can apply for their residence permit as well, from within Germany. That means, the Anmeldung is necessary.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott