Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

einbuergerung for Kids

Toggle
einbuergerung for Kids
Answer
8/1/08 9:41 PM
Hi,
When one of the parents get citizenship than kids will get automatically. But i was surprised when i was told that when kid is going to kindergarten or above 3 years than he have to do language test.

1.Anyone came across this process in NRW ?
2.What they will ask ?

Thanks.
BR.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: einbuergerung for Kids
Answer
8/2/08 5:17 AM as a reply to Hummad Mohd.
I've been asked to submit for both of my daughters a Versetzungszeugnis which the school should give determining that they can speak German and are good at school.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/2/08 1:42 PM as a reply to Hummad Mohd.
Hello .

Thanks for the info. But i was also surprised to hear from them. I have also submitted zeugnis which was given to me from Kindergarten. One more thing they told me that they made such test to some kids in Düsseldorf area.But when i asked them what they want to hear from him , didn´t got any answer.

Practically speaking for 3 or 4 year old kid will take time to speak Deutsch if both parents are not Deutsch. Anyway after 2 weeks i have termin with them i hope nothing strange happens.

Have a nice weekend.

BR.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/2/08 2:14 PM as a reply to Hummad Mohd.
"Practically speaking for 3 or 4 year old kid will take time to speak Deutsch if both parents are not Deutsch", not really, in fact, kids learn faster than we do (we keep burning our neurons out trying to earn their living), me and my wife are not German but the kids speak perfectly German. They learn from school, from friends, so if a kid that age doesn't yet speak German although he goes to school for say more than a year, than there's something wrong somewhere and for the Beamter, that's a sign of lack of integration in the German society (been told to me so by a Beamter in Clausthal-Zellerfeld).

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/2/08 3:53 PM as a reply to Hummad Mohd.
Hi.
Thanks for the info. Yeah you are right. But we both speaks german very well. We would like him to learn by himself at kindergarten in order not spoil his grammer. In some or the other way we try to correct his grammer.

BR.
Z
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/08 3:02 AM as a reply to Hummad Mohd.
Hi zong4u

my case was similar to the friend Nobody when my daugther was to start the first class.

We provided the kindergarten´s teacher certificate but as the certificate came from a Kindergarten of another Bundesland, they required to make the test again.

They used a standard test for Germany (now is almost midnight and cannot remember the name). This measure the level of the german knowledge in kids. BUT don´t worry. Is clearly and openly specified that the meaning of the test is to level and not to discriminate/eliminate candidates. The worst case would be to ask you to send your kid to special language courses, without cost for you.

Just for the records, the Beamte was not good, the test was really difficult and stressing (about 40 minutes if I´m not wrong) and I barely think that a native german can have 100% or even the points needed.

But the kids are strong, even stronger than us thanks God. My daughter with 5 passed the test (with some stupid comments from the Beamte, as usual, that I forgot luckyly). My daugther speaks german not only good but without accent (sayed by germans because I cannot mean that fine) and all of these was because we left the germans to teach her their language (we teach her our´s) because even we both speak decent german, we NEVER will do it as a local one (an example of this is the fact that in five years in this forum I only read about one member who dared to give the Große Deutsche Sprachdiplom)

Good luck for the kid and if I remember the name of the test S..T! I remembered - the test was called "Deutsch-Plus-Test". Now you can google a little bit to know.

Gute Nacht
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/08 1:31 PM as a reply to Hummad Mohd.
Hi,

Thanks for the info YO1. I found on the Internet
http://www.schulministerium.nrw.de/BP/Schulsystem/Schulformen/Grundschule/Sprachstand/Sprachstandsfeststellung_zwei_Jahre_vor_der_Einschulung/index.html
If hope they will ask what is written on Internet. Anyway i will update next week when we will go through this process.

BR,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/8/08 12:40 AM as a reply to Hummad Mohd.
Hi,

Just an update as promised.Well my kid was asked simple question and hence was accepted.They said he knows more than a kid should know at this stage. As YO1 said.Kids are more intelligent than expected.

Question like
what is your name ?
Do you have friends ?
...etc

One more thing i found out that if the kid is above 3 year than he or she have to go through this process.

In comings weeks we will get our URKUNDE.

Thanks all for your inputs.

BR.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3