Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

What happens when my contract ends?

Toggle
What happens when my contract ends?
Answer
3/27/18 10:42 AM
Hello,
I am working in Germany with a Blue Card visa but my contract is ending soon.
My husband is working here with a Blue Card as well but his contract is unlimited.
When my contract expires, and if I do not find another job offer within Germany within 2 months, must I leave? Or is it possible to stay on a dependent visa?
Anyone had been in similar situation?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: What happens when my contract ends?
Answer
7/5/18 9:02 AM as a reply to Poorvi Jaya.
I am answering my own question: I contacted ABH and explained the scenario. They told yes I can of course change my Blue Card to dependent visa if I don't get a job during those 3 months and thereafter I can stay here and am free to take up employment too.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: What happens when my contract ends?
Answer
7/6/18 9:45 AM as a reply to Poorvi Jaya.
Hi,
The most important is that you inform at the earliest in Bundesagentur für Arbeit.
Only after you register or inform Bundesagentur für Arbeit, you will be eligible for Arbeitslosgeld (60%) of your
salary for next 12 months.

MFG

0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3