Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Germany family reunion Visa - what if the enquiry goes wrong

Germany family reunion Visa - what if the enquiry goes wrong
visa germany family reunion enquiry
Answer
3/15/18 7:31 PM
Hi,

I am here to share my experience.

First of all some details:

Husband: Indian, but born in Germany, employee with apartment
Wife: Indian, graduate and german language course passed
Applied for family reunion visa to German Embassy in New Delhi, India

Problem:

During the investigation at my in-laws place my mother-in-law accidentally said the wrong place of birth (pob) of my wife. She said her own pob and the stupid wannabe enquiry officer wrote it down. Even he was holding the passport he still didn’t care. Even though, one member of the family tried to solve the mistake but he just ignored it and said “why would a mother make a false statement”.

Shit happens. A big, unnecessary mistake. My mother-in-law was nervous and it slipped out.

Solution:

We needed two Affidavits and a german lawyer who already had to do with foreign embassy.

The first Affidavit was issued at the pob of my mother-in-law. The brother of my mother-in-law witnessed that her daughter was not born there.

The second Affidavit was issued at the pob of my wife. My father-in-law and mother-in-law witnessed that her daughters pob is correct and the birth certificate, too.

According to the German Law the passport is enough to identify a person and to acknowledge the data written down there.The visa was issued after 2 months.

The whole visa procedure took us together 8 months (included the time of learning german).

Caused:

oo much trouble and tension, internet searches, delay of 2 months and extra costs about 2 lakhs.

Some Tips:

• Let the lawyer write it to the german embassy in New Delhi. Of course, he will take some time, but don’t get on the germanys embassy nerves by asking why the visa is not approved yet.
  • If you fill your visa application, then give the address of your husbands family. In this way, nothing will go wrong. They are asked the questions only related to the passport and marriage. The other questions can be easily avoided.
  • Plus, if the family is big, only two person should talk to the enquiry officer. Even the children can be asked questions. SO BE CAREFUL that nothing goes wrong!
  • The enquiry officer can even ask you to call your spouse via whatsapp during the investigation. So the spouse should be notified as soon as the officer comes and he should be mentally ready to answer the questions asked by him.
  • If you have question related to how big your apartment should be in germany or the minimum income requirement,… you can call to vfs global in Berlin. They are very helpful and nice.
  • You should also rehearse some questions and answers with your parents.
Some Questions asked during the investigation:

• Date and place of marriage
  • how you met your spouse
  • when was the marriage registered
  • how many people were invited
  • which marriage palace was chosen
So, I hope this experience could help someone in need. I will also post this on some other sites.

With Love
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Germany family reunion Visa - what if the enquiry goes wrong
Answer
3/16/18 9:41 AM as a reply to Well Wisher.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I can understand the anguish. 
How much time did take for the investiagators to contact you once you submitted all the documents for marriage verifcation? 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Germany family reunion Visa - HELP!!!!!
Answer
3/16/18 2:58 PM as a reply to javi alco.
I am sorry that I' am barging in as this is the newest and active thread but I need help and any comment, suggestions are welcomed...
So my case is complicated and lengthy. I applied for my family reunion visa in Aug2017( yes you heard it right) and its still awaited. my spouse is self employed n living in germany and travelling back and forth for past yr and a half.  
Anyway we have now hired an immigration lawyer so things are moving forward. 
Now the problem is that my passport will be expiring in Aug2018. Never imagined tat this process will be so tiresome. 
Please advice: 
Can I renew my passport while waiting for my approval? Will it create problem as my application will have old ppt no. 
Or wait for the approval. I will not get a visa since my ppt validity will be less than 6 months. I'm in a fix!!!!

Plzzzzzz help.

Thanks
Priya
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/17/18 10:30 AM as a reply to Priya Roy.
Can I renew my passport while waiting for my approval? Will it create problem as my application will have old ppt no. 

Or wait for the approval. I will not get a visa since my ppt validity will be less than 6 months. I'm in a fix!!!!
I dont think you should worry, if it were the case they would not have accepted your passport bcoz you did not have enough validity in the first place. I think you should get your passport renewed.  Nonetheless you should inform your embassy or consulate first about the same and they will be agreeing for the renewal and update the details in your visa file accordingly. I am sure in the history of visa processing, you are not the first one to go through such situation. 

at which consulate you applied? Can you plesae tell how much time consulate took to approach you for marriage verification once you submitted the required documents? 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/19/18 4:49 AM as a reply to javi alco.
Thanks for replying....  Im still getting use to this site. 
I waited for my husband's visa renewal last year and then applied for family reunion visa from calcutta. 
Paid 32k for verification of my marriage certificate (we have been married for 17 yrs)   as it was issued from my home town out of West Bengal. 
The verification happened quickly...  one month after the submission of my documents.

Priya
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/19/18 7:15 AM as a reply to Priya Roy.
Paid 32k for verification of my marriage certificate (we have been married for 17 yrs)   as it was issued from my home town out of West Bengal. 
Thank you for sharing your experience. 

I read somewhere that only couples who got married after 2 years of emigrating to Germany need to apply for marraige verification. I am surprised to know that even after getting married for such a long time you still need to get your marriage verified. 

I wish you good luck. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/20/18 5:50 AM as a reply to javi alco.
We were equally surprised but there was no way out. My lawyer has advised to go ahead with the renewal of my passport and she will inform and follow up with embassy. 

Will write a detailed thread once i get my visa... Maybe that can be of some help for someone
emoticon  
+1 (1 Vote)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18