Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

flight tickets to India

flight tickets to India
Respuesta
25/05/09 14:33
Can you please suggest me which is the cheapest way to book tickets from here to India.(online or travel agent etc).
I looked in some Airlines like Lufthansa but they are too costly and some do not have the option of booking online. But if I go to online websites of India the rates are much cheaper. Can I also book tickets with an Indian agent or from an Indian website though I reside here? Please guide me if its going to be Euros 820+tax for a round trip I will drop my plan.
Thanks a million in advance
Padmaja
0 (0 Votos)

Re: flight tickets to India
Respuesta
25/05/09 14:42 en respuesta a p s.
It always depends from city of Germany you are flying to which city in India, you have just mentioned India, but where in India??

Anyhow there are lot of offers available. Use the following link to find the best fare available:

http://www.billig-flieger-vergleich.de/

Good luck
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/05/09 14:52 en respuesta a p s.
to UMTS11

Frankfurt to Chennai

Thank you for your reply
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 0:53 en respuesta a p s.
Hello group,

http://sites.google.com/site/indiansinkiel/reiseburos-travel-agents

Best wishes,
KielKiran
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 16:32 en respuesta a p s.
http://www.swoodoo.com/de/
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 17:07 en respuesta a p s.
Thank you both for the links. With those links the travel cost has become 540 Euros. When coming from India the online prices was much cheaper than the offer from the travel agents. But here the reverse. Did any of you had a luck to travel in a much cheaper price than this to India?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 17:12 en respuesta a p s.
Try Emirates !
cheaper by EUR 50 to 60 than the price mentioned by you.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 17:44 en respuesta a p s.
>>Thank you both for the links. With those links the travel cost has become 540 Euros. When coming from India the online prices was much cheaper than the offer from the travel agents. But here the reverse. Did any of you had a luck to travel in a much cheaper price than this to India?

To tell you the truth the average price for the tickets are between 500 - 750 Euros and i would say they are a bargain. Cannot compare Apples and Oranges can you, Just like the prices in India or abroad.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 18:11 en respuesta a p s.
My Chinese colleagues often make holiday trips to their home country and Malaysia etc with their family and if I ask them how it was possible they reply that they got an offer (350Euros/person) thats why I wanted to verify.

To truster:
I think the price varies from where I start in Germany and where I land in India. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am traveling from Frankfurt to Chennai in the month of August.

Thank you very much for being patient with this Miser. (bit careful due to crisis)
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 18:20 en respuesta a p s.
>>My Chinese colleagues often make holiday trips to their home country and Malaysia etc with their family and if I ask them how it was possible they reply that they got an offer (350Euros/person) thats why I wanted to verify.

It is all the problem of our Indian government. The airport taxes are more in india. Have you ever compared the prices of calling india from different countries. Calling from UK and US to India is cheaper than calling from Germany. It may also do with the number of people living in those countries and competition is tough among the providers

Try this guy

http://www.airways-travel.de/fileadmin/pdf/visithome_fares/Internet_Indien.pdf

Since you are in frankfurt, you can drop into his office, it is 10 mins walk from Frankfrt Hbf. He has lot of Visit Home fares for indians.

Also check during non-working hours on the internet. You will get something cheaper.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 19:12 en respuesta a p s.
oh! Didnt knew before. Thanks a million. Will verify with them
Ya thats true regarding China.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
28/05/09 16:09 en respuesta a p s.
There are angebot from luftansa I got my booked(just few hours ago) 3 person(2 adult and one above 2 year kid )for 1200 euro.And that is also in Diwali time.
damn its 3 years, i will fly again to my ppl.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
28/05/09 18:10 en respuesta a p s.
To deathinc:

Thank you very much for this info. You are too lucky but the offer can only be utilized in the month of September but I need to travel in the month of August (friend marriage).
Enjoy !
Padmaja
0 (0 Votos)

Flight tickets to India
Respuesta
28/05/09 18:23 en respuesta a p s.
Send an email to these folks
Info@asiaCultureTours.de

Currently they have offers to India for 490 euros(Incl tax, 35 kilos, rail and fly etc)..

Cheers
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
28/05/09 19:07 en respuesta a p s.
khopdee:
Have mailed them.

Thanks.

Padmaja
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
8/07/09 16:48 en respuesta a p s.
Thanks for all your inputs. Finally I booked my ticket to chennai with Srilankan Online offers. It was exactly 431 Euros.

Paddy
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18