Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

German citizenship

Toggle
German citizenship
Answer
12/12/08 5:49 AM
Hi, I have couple of questions regarding my scenario. I would be very thankful if some of you guys can give me their feedback.

Below is the history of my visa status:

Student
1) Arrived in Germany on as a Student - 09.2004
2) Got some temporary permission to
stay and study because my other
visa need to be canceled
3) Got aufenthaltserlaubnis 05.2005-05.2006 - §16
4) Got aufenthaltserlaubnis 05.2006-12.2007 - §16

Job
5) Got aufenthaltserlaubnis 06.2007-05.2008 - §18
6) Got aufenthaltserlaubnis 07.2008-05.2009 - §18

Q1: I think that I would have spent 5 years Germany by 09.2009 and would be able to apply for citizenship in another 2 years; i.e. 7 years with integration course. Do you think my calculation of the time spent in Germany is correct?

Q2: Immediately after getting the nationality can one go and live in an other European country such as UK or there is some condition to stay in Germany?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: German citizenship
Answer
12/13/08 5:34 PM as a reply to Flame Khan.
Guys, is my question so complicated?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/13/08 6:48 PM as a reply to Flame Khan.
The question is not complicated but you didn't provide enough information..
In which state are you living ?
Southern German States usually don't count the time spent under student status.. so in that case you can naturalize yourself probably in 2014

If the state in which you are living counts the student times for the duration needed for the naturalization then your calculation is correct. They still may not count this "temporary permission" thing though.. (what was it ? "Fiktionsbescheinigung" ?)

If you are German then you are German.. there is no condition whatsoever.. you can do whatever you want as a German citizen.. Germans living abroad do not lose their citizenship..

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/08 6:24 AM as a reply to Flame Khan.
Thanks Lacrima emoticon

I live in NRW, so I think it does count the study time.

The temporary permission was just a piece of paper without any visa sticker, they gave it to me first for 3 months, then again 3 months and finally for 2 months. The reason was that I had student visa for Sweden and Finland and they needed to be revoked before I could get german residence permit.

However, I was able to study and get a HiWi based on this letter. They took it back that is why I do not have any idea what it was.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/08 7:49 PM as a reply to Flame Khan.
Hi,
I am living in Bonn and arrived in Germany in Aug 2003.
Its more then 5 years now and when I asked them about Unlimited Visa they told me that, they will count my education period as half.

They told me that I need to have 60 income slips (tax paying) in order to apply for that.

I studied from Aug 2008 to Aug 2006 and then i got permission of work on Dec 2006. Last month i got 'Unconditional Visa' for two years.

Beamter told me that I can apply for Unbefristet (unlimited) after 1.5 year, by calculating my education period as half. Through out my education period I had Hiwi. I have no idea if it plays any role in decision making.

Regards,
Zeeshan
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3