Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

BAT Salary - Questions

Toggle
BAT Salary - Questions
Answer
3/3/05 6:43 PM
Hello Rajesh and all,

I am an Indian Student currently finished my Masters in Sweden, I have been offered a position as Research Staff in an Insititute in Germany. The salaray scale is referred as according to BAT2a/O. But I dont understand how much exactly is the salary for the job.

I am 28 years old - single, and I have 3 years of work experience and Masters Degree from sweden in good university. I would like to know

How much is the tax and what type of taxes I Should pay ?

How much is the insurance amount to be payed and other deduction?

What wil be salary after all dedcutions ?

Kindly provide any relevent links in english if i can know about BAT

Please clarify my queries

Regards,
Ali
0 (0 Votes)

Re: BAT Salary - Questions
Answer
3/3/05 7:34 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
German civil service pay scale is differentiated by the marital status, number of children and age of the employee. The base salary for a full BAT IIa position ranges from approximately 2200 Euros (23 years) to 3420 Euros (45 years). Note that these numbers represent the gross income. In Germany, as a single person, one usually has to pay around 50 % of the gross income as taxes and benefits-related deductions.

First, the "BAT IIa" pay scale as it might be applicable to a promising PhD student or university graduate: An unmarried aged 27 with no children working full-time would earn € 38 310 per year before taxes, including allowances and Christmas bonus. The same married aged 33 with no children working full-time would earn € 43 763 per year before taxes, including allowances and a Christmas bonus.

Second, the "BAT Ib" pay scale as it might be applicable to an experienced PhD (like Department Director or Project Consultant): A married aged 33 with no children working full-time would earn € 46 943 per year before taxes, including allowances and a Christmas bonus. The same married aged 37 with two children working full time would earn € 52 176 per year before taxes, including allowances and a Christmas bonus.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/4/05 1:25 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
thank you blueshari for your explanations !

Regards,
ali
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/4/05 1:43 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
hey leute,

its so funny...that salary scaled depend on age, marriage and chilren...and not on merit...

if I will have 5 women, and 20 children, then I should get 1 million euros per year..

really cool...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/05 2:23 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
I too wish to know the salary range for my status. I am a post graduate, married, 31 yrs, due for a baby in a few months and have a 7 years work experience in my field of study.
What is the salary range I can expect from a private company and from a govenment company?
I have read the earlier queries but was not clear for my status.
regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/05 3:07 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
Hi Ali,

additonal point is that the "O" in BAT2a/O indicates former East salary scale which are lower than former West.

Moreti
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/9/05 5:17 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
Hello All
I have visited a website http:\\paul.schubbi.org which gives a online calculator for BAT Salary. But I wish to know how to classify whether it is BAT 2a or 2b or 5a or 5b etc...
I am a post graduate enginnering student and also have a 7 year work experience. I am married and have a child.
I have been offered by my professor to work for him on a project. So I wish to know on what scale I could expect.
regards
Shiva
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/05 1:57 AM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
Just a stupid comment:
Why don't you ask your profesor directly?
I think he can give you a clear figure.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/05 12:06 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
@mailsuji

How could the government with 4 million employee give salaries on merit!!

@ VP_2004

A professor has no idea on anyone salaries.

Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/05 1:15 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
VP_2004 - I have asked my propessor and he inturn asks someone else on the phone and says I fall in 5b. I have also made some enquires with some others who suggest that for post graduates 2b would be considered. Now how do I validate these suggestions.
I do not want to accept the offer with a wrong class. The money difference is quite considerable.
I think I need to sit with the salaries office of the university to clarify the same
bye
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/05 7:03 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
I have heard that a uni diploma or MSC that get PHD promotion can get 2B scale with half or full position.
If they offered 5B then say no emoticon
good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/05 12:52 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
Ya, BAT 5b is for a technician. a Phd student will get BAT II/a. But if there is less project amount avaiable and if the Professor wnats you to be employed he might offer you a 5b position.

You have many websites to show you the BAT tarif but check with this one
http://www.bmi.bund.de/cln_012/nn_164570/Internet/Content/Themen/Oeffentlicher__Dienst/Einzelseiten/BAT/Tabellen__BAT__2004__Id__93377__de.html

There are 3 categories in payment

1) Grund gehalt( depends on your age)
2) Orts Zuschlag ( Depends whether you ar emarried or have children)
3) Allgemeine Zulage ( If you are a technician, you get more etc..)

So add these 3 amount and you will get your Brutto amount

Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/06 3:13 AM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
Hello,

Could someone help figure out what is the BAT scale equivalent to an American assistant, associated and full professor?
Many thanks in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18