Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Einbürgerung für Kinder

Toggle
Einbürgerung für Kinder
Answer
12/8/08 2:41 PM
Hi All,

My name is Ali and I have NE and am here in Germany since 2000. I want to apply for the nationality of my children. I have gone through the law stated below and I have found that this law is pretty tricky and not clear enough for children.

My question here is that are my children eligible for Germany nationality?

Important points are
1- they are German born
2- At the time of their birth I had Green Card visum i.e. AG
3- I know I am eligible for German nationality and they will receive it too once I get it, but due to my future plans I want to avoid changing my nationality and want only my children to have German nationality.
4- In principle my children are eligible for nationality but they may not get it because I do not want to change my nationality.

City office have told me various things which strengethen my impression that these people are basically clerical staff and know not much about laws and their possible playing area (spielraum).

Please share your knowledge in this regard with me.

The law: is :

§ 4

(1) Durch die Geburt erwirbt ein Kind die deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit, wenn ein Elternteil die deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit besitzt. Ist bei der Geburt des Kindes nur der Vater deutscher Staatsangehöriger und ist zur Begründung der Abstammung nach den deutschen Gesetzen die Anerkennung oder Feststellung der Vaterschaft erforderlich, so bedarf es zur Geltendmachung des Erwerbs einer nach den deutschen Gesetzen wirksamen Anerkennung oder Feststellung der Vaterschaft; die Anerkennungserklärung muss abgegeben oder das Feststellungsverfahren muss eingeleitet sein, bevor das Kind das 23. Lebensjahr vollendet hat.

(2) Ein Kind, das im Inland aufgefunden wird (Findelkind), gilt bis zum Beweis des Gegenteils als Kind eines Deutschen.

(3) Durch die Geburt im Inland erwirbt ein Kind ausländischer Eltern die deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit, wenn ein Elternteil

1. seit acht Jahren rechtmäßig seinen gewöhnlichen Aufenthalt im Inland hat und

2. freizügigkeitsberechtigter Unionsbürger oder gleichgestellter Staatsangehöriger eines EWR-Staates ist oder eine Aufenthaltserlaubnis-EU oder eine Niederlassungserlaubnis besitzt.

Der Erwerb der deutschen Staatsangehörigkeit wird in dem Geburtenregister, in dem die Geburt des Kindes beurkundet ist, eingetragen. Das Bundesministerium des Innern wird ermächtigt, mit Zustimmung des Bundesrates durch Rechtsverordnung Vorschriften über das Verfahren zur Eintragung des Erwerbs der Staatsangehörigkeit nach Satz 1 zu erlassen.

(4) Die deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit wird nicht nach Absatz 1 erworben bei Geburt im Ausland, wenn der deutsche Elternteil nach dem 31. Dezember 1999 im Ausland geboren wurde und dort seinen gewöhnlichen Aufenthalt hat, es sei denn, das Kind würde sonst staatenlos. Die Rechtsfolge nach Satz 1 tritt nicht ein, wenn der deutsche Elternteil die Geburt innerhalb eines Jahres der zuständigen Auslandsvertretung anzeigt. Sind beide Elternteile deutsche Staatsangehörige, so tritt die Rechtsfolge des Satzes 1 nur ein, wenn beide die dort genannten Voraussetzungen erfüllen.

I have gone through following law in internet:
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Einbürgerung für Kinder
Answer
12/8/08 3:52 PM as a reply to Ali Rizvi.
1- they are German born

Since at the time of birth you didnt not have NE or 8 years in germany so it can be ruled out

2- At the time of their birth I had Green Card visum i.e. AG

It is not NE, so does not help

3- I know I am eligible for German nationality and they will receive it too once I get it, but due to my future plans I want to avoid changing my nationality and want only my children to have German nationality.

Then they have to follow the same rules as you do. Stay 8 years, work and pay Social insurance and then be eligible. Why dont you take German Nationaliy and your spouse keeps her nationality? Then the kids can have the option of choosing which one later in their life.

4- In principle my children are eligible for nationality but they may not get it because I do not want to change my nationality.

True. Its upto you what you want to do for your kids.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Einbürgerung für Kinder
Answer
12/15/08 11:31 PM as a reply to Ali Rizvi.
Dear all,

For the case of:
- parent stay more than 8 years + NE holder

Can anybody share experience of:
- is study time counted in the 8 years?
- how and what is procedure to apply the citizenship for the children?

thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18