Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Peculiar Spouse Visa Situation

Toggle
Peculiar Spouse Visa Situation
Answer
2/9/11 6:14 PM
Hi,
I have recently got a job contract (unlimited) from my german division. I am single right now but set to marry in March 2011 next month. I had a few doubts regarding how my wife's visa would be processed and whether there will be difficulties in that.

I am due to fly in April. My work visa application is under processing with my marital status as single. Meanwhile I will get married in March.

1. I am planning to apply a reunion visa for my wife in March. Will that be a problem?
2. Thus, I will be married when i reach Germany finally. Will there be any foreseeable issue with my wife's visa processing?

I had read somewhere that before granting of a residence permit to me, if I am married, then my spouse will also get a permit by law. I think my case is the same and my relocation company hired by my german employers also claims the same. They say it wont be of any problem. Initially i was planning to apply after getting married, but they said, applying separately isn't an issue.

Thanks for the replies in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Peculiar Spouse Visa Situation
Answer
2/9/11 9:18 PM as a reply to Mixed Feelings.
my advise, both apply together. Else wait for 3-6 months to get a reunion visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/11 9:57 PM as a reply to Mixed Feelings.
Thanks Savion for the reply.

Is there any particular reason why it would be 3-6 months? My wife is already enrolled in german classes and will have the A1 certificate by Mid of March with her, so that will not be a factor which will take any time.

My relocation service in germany says it will be 4-8 weeks maximum and I can apply in March as soon as I am married. Is that misleading?

Thanks again for your help
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/10/11 6:54 AM as a reply to Mixed Feelings.
spouse visa normally is investigated for authenticity. So your papers for reunion visa will be filed in Germany, they will come to embassy in india. The indian embassy will send its investigator to check if your marriage really did take place. providing CD with photos of marriage helps, but sometimes your honeymoon period goes fighting this visa issue.

If you file together, then your employer will take keen interest as he needs you.

regards
Savio
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3