Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

I need help

Toggle
I need help
Answer
10/3/05 3:26 PM
Hi, my name is Katty and I am a new member here. I really need information. I am married with a german guy since one year ago, I am peruvian and my mother is in Peru alone because I don´t have brothers and sisters and my father died 15 years ago. She is about 65 years old now. I would like to know if it is possible in some years take my mother with me in Germany since she won´t be able to do her things by herself and I am really worried about her, I am her only one daughter and she has always made everything for me. I can´t leave her. I need some information please.
Thank you so much for your help.

Katty :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Re: I need help
Answer
10/3/05 4:53 PM as a reply to katty kaiser.
Hi Katty,

please search the messages in http://info4alien.de, a forum initiative about issues of foreign people in Germany. I think there you can find the answer of your question.

Regards,
Klenze17
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/3/05 7:55 PM as a reply to katty kaiser.
Thank you so much for the web-page but it is in German and my German is not good enough yet. I would really appreciate if there´s something in English. Thanks a lot!
Katty :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/3/05 8:16 PM as a reply to katty kaiser.
@katita
Sorry.. but you can not simply bring your mother to Germany. The fact that she is alone and doesnt have any other sons and daughters who might take care of her, do not interest the authorities here much.

First of all, you are not German. That makes it even more difficult. Your mother has to have a kind of german health insurance coverage during her stay in Germany(for several years ??) and I can not think of a german insurance company who might be willing to insure a person who is at that age and who doesnt have any income. Even if you guys are willing to pay insurance coverage for her, this might be tough to overcome.

I recall a discussion in info4alien(very good site indeed, I would consider to search it by the help of your husband) which was talking about a very similar situation. The outcome of that discussion was, if I am not mistaken, "almost impossible".

Only option I can see here is that to invite her for 3 months period on tourist-visa(which still needs a lot of work, including health insurance coverage proof) but in this case, she can get only one 3 month visa for each 6 month period, meaning that she can not stay more than 6 months in a year by using this option and this 6 months will be divided in two separate 3 months.

I may think about consulting a lawyer, who is specialized in immigration issues, if I were in your shoes but again, chances are very low for getting something positive out of it, to say the least.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/3/05 11:19 PM as a reply to katty kaiser.
I do not know but I believe that you can get her here for good if she is in need and can not take care of her self. It could go under Familienzusammenführung or something like that.
Better ask at ABH, but do not stop if you get bad answers. There must be a way, otherwise it would not be human.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/3/05 11:59 PM as a reply to katty kaiser.
Lacrima,

>>
I recall a discussion in info4alien(very good site indeed, I would consider to search it by the help of your husband)
>>

Regarding your comments above, at info4alien, you can find many people who is looking for help but what you can find is really not always much.

There are a few users there from ABH offices according to their profiles, *only* telling how impossible and how unreachable what the foreigners are trying to achieve like BE,NE,EG whatever etc.

It is not a brilliant idea to believe always what is written there by some of the ABH officers at info4alien.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/4/05 12:08 AM as a reply to katty kaiser.
@DvD
http://www.xonder.de/cgi-bin/yabbserver/foren/F_0134/YaBB.cgi?board=ehe;action=display;num=1119508189;start=6#6
http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/aufenthaltsg.html#36

As I said, it is theoritically possible but very very difficult in real life. You should be able to prove that she can not survive without your presence and you are the ONLY one who can take care of her etc.. it looks like such cases are handled in § 36 AufenthG. But this seems to be a decision at the discretion of the aliens office. (Ermessensentscheidung)

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/4/05 12:11 AM as a reply to katty kaiser.
"It is not a brilliant idea to believe always what is written there by some of the ABH officers at info4alien."

Well, I agree that internet is not a reliable source all the time but it is always good to hear a second opinion in internet forums. If she wants a better service then hiring a lawyer should be the way to take.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3