Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Possibility of NE or Visum

Toggle
Possibility of NE or Visum
Answer
8/18/09 2:24 PM
Dear all,
Good day! I request you your sugggestions to get NE or Visum as I believe I have the possibility due to the enlightment given by this valuable website.

Summary of my situation:

May 2002-July 2006- PhD, Wiss.Mitarbeiter; Paid AV,PV,RV;
Visa status:AufenthaltsBewelligung first 2 yrs
Aufenthalserlaubnis §16 ;next appr 2years:

Aug 2006-Oct 2006- Aufenthalserlaubnis §16; Had visa for 1 year after my PhD to search for job and also availed ALG

Nov 2006-Nov 2009- Postdoc
yearly extension; Aufenthalserlaubnis;§18; The present year I also have BE;
My wife and child are also with me.
Now my Professor is unlikely to extend my contract as we are also dependant on a company which does not want to pump money for our new project.
When I went to the Rathaus Erlangen the ABH said I had to leave on 30.11,09, the last day of my contract, if i dont find a job.

I asked them if a letter from Arbeitsamt regarding my eligibility of ALG will get me a visum and they said NO!

I had already requested them for NE stating my payment of taxes for more than 7 years. They refused saying I have to wait 2 more years as they dont consider my more than 4 years Phd for NE

I have read in this forum of people successful in getting NE with a similar situation like mine.

I need your advise to proceed further with this problem! I wish NE or atleat visum to get ALG and search for job!

Thanking you all for the past, present and future valuable suugsetions i avail from you all.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Possibility of NE or Visum
Answer
8/18/09 4:52 PM as a reply to Ayyappa Ramakrishnan.
Check the threads regarding getting ALG I with BE by hardeek here (sorry, not sure about spelling). If you prove you can get ALG I for a year, in some cases 6 remaining months of ALG I at the moment of applying for NE served as a proof of ability to support yourself needed for NE §9, so you'll have to apply right away. A lot of things in your case are on the limits of applicability of laws and internal rules and, therefore, is on discretion of ABH. Since your ABH is not foreigner-friendly find a good lawyer. Since your contract of a post doc is not extended any longer I doubt you can use §19 here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/18/09 8:22 PM as a reply to Ayyappa Ramakrishnan.
1) you already qualify for NE(DA-EG), the settlement permit valid for EU. As AufenthG § 16 or 16.4 should be counted as half time and AufenthG §18 as full time.
So from May´02 to Oct´06 = 27,0 months
plus Nov´06 to Jul´09 = 33,0 months
Total = 60,0 months

Hire a lawyer, will cost 700€ or so, but you should get NE(DA-EG).

2) Other option is citizenship, if you have done integration in DE kurs + B1 certificate, than u were already eligible for citizenship in Apr´09.

3) If no integration kurs than apply for ALG, look for a job in the meantime, and in May´2010 you should be qualified for citizenship.

to be honest, nobody will gift you anything, you have to fight for your rights.

Good Luck!!

P.S:- keep us posted!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/18/09 10:31 PM as a reply to Ayyappa Ramakrishnan.
@ Ramalingar,

In any case you need to get a job ASAP. For NE-DG you need a Job!!! and for a citizenship you need a Job!!

for NE §19 you need a good job with a good reference!!

Do not be worried.. You have a PhD which tens of millions of people do not have in Germany!!

You should get a job!! search in websites like Kowi, Fraunhofer or Max-Planck!!

Good Luck

Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3