Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

TAX FREE

Toggle
TAX FREE
Answer
9/30/05 6:29 PM
Hello Friends,
Does somebody have any information about the elligibility for claiming the VAT refund?
One of my friend was here in Germany for 3 years on a workpermit and is leaving now for good.He has some electronic equipment which he bouught about 2.5 months back and would like to claim VAT for the same at the airport.He has done his abmeldung.
Regards,
VAH
0 (0 Votes)

Re: TAX FREE
Answer
9/30/05 6:39 PM as a reply to Vineet Ahuja.
Normally this benefit is extended only to tourists from foreign country. But here since he is leaving germany, its a special case. I would recommend to just directly call at the tax refund office in germany and check it. Following are the numbers from munich airport office:

Hauptzollamt München -Zollamt Flughafen

P.O. Box 23 20 53

ZIP-Code/City, State, Country 85329 München

e-mail address poststelle@hzam-fhf.bfinv.de

Telephone number 089 / 975 90700

Fax number 089 / 975 90706

Incase your friend is leaving back to India, remember that you have special allowance as mentioned in the following link :

http://www.cbec.gov.in/cae/customs/info-trvllrs/inres_forresin.htm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/05 6:52 PM as a reply to Vineet Ahuja.
Hi,
Thanks for the info!
I called up ,and unfriendly guy picked up and just told me to come and declare what I had bought.
He was not at all interested in telling me the elligibility criterias for my case-emoticon
His command in english was restricted and I get short of german vocabulary when it comes to beaurocratic issues-emoticon

Regards,VAH
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/3/05 10:36 AM as a reply to Vineet Ahuja.
Just try it out, if he is lucky, he will get it. but I think he can get it if purchase is made with in 3 months. Some of my friends were able to get it, they were on work permit and stayed there for 1 yr. Only thing to remember, he can get refund only in Germany, outside Germany, even in Europe it is not possible.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/4/05 1:19 PM as a reply to Vineet Ahuja.
Hi *,
Eventually he got the tax refund.One of the prerequisites was that he had to show his abmeldung and the other was that purchase date of the stuff need not be older than 3 months.

VAH
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18