Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Tax Declaration

Toggle
Tax Declaration
Answer
2/27/08 12:53 PM
Hello all,

Yesterday I had a discussion with my tax adviser (lhrd.de). She is saying that for language course (German) you are not allowed to apply for the tax returns. I am doing Deutsche course in VHS (integration course). For this my company is paying for me.

My Qus is: Can I apply for tax returns (for German course) eventough it’s sponsored by my company (will they (finaceamt) verify)?

What about Internet and Mobile bills?
What about travel exp (between home and company) if it’s below 20 km (for 15km)?

pls share your experience.
sinu
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Tax Declaration
Answer
2/27/08 1:20 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Hello,

I too applied Tax return and my tax advisor said the same that in Germany, you cannot get Tax returns on German courses or German Course material. This is the fact that in Germany you must have to learn German.

You can apply for Tax Returns on other courses such as English, Italien, French etc..

Regarding German Course sponsored by Company, you have to provide original bill to Financeamt.
If you company is sponsoring the course, your company will take the Course receipt from you, and with this receipt, your company can reduce their taxes.

This is based on my knowledge and experience.

Viel Spaß!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/27/08 2:10 PM as a reply to ka sr.
@hereshaik
Thank you for your info.

What about travel exp (between home and company) if it’s below 20 km (for 15km)?

do you know anything about above 2 qus?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/27/08 2:51 PM as a reply to ka sr.

>> Why the heck should the government give tax breaks for your personal use of internet and Mobile Bills?? You can get some support in those cases where your are Arbeitslos and looking out for a job.

>>Below 20 Kms is not counted
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/27/08 5:12 PM as a reply to ka sr.
What about solidatitätzuschlag?
I heared that ausländers are allowed to apply tax returns on solidatitätzuschlag, is it true?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/28/08 1:12 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Hello,

Answers to your questions:

1. Internet and Mobile Bills :
If you proof that you also work from home, then you can claim a part of say 20% of your Internet, Telephone and Electricity Bills.

2. Travel Expenses:
You just give your monthly travel tickets and you get the whole money return.

Above all, I already applied for Tax return and I am waiting for the result.

Cheers,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18