Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

applied for pension refund after 2 years - whats next?

Toggle
Hi,

I have applied for pension refund a month ago. I have sent the documents by FAX, and post as well to the Berlin address. I received a mail after a week to talk to Hanover office. I am trying to call them and is becoming very difficult as I do not speak German.

also i tried calling Berlin number, and didn't get through.

When can I expect the money to be transferred to my Indian account? What I should do next to know the status?

Thank you,
Ruban
0 (0 Votes)

Re: applied for pension refund after 2 years - whats next?
Answer
4/7/09 3:07 PM as a reply to Jessie Ruban.
Hi Ruban ,

Can u please tell me how did u apply? Can u please tell me the procedure as well.

I shall be very thankful to you.

Regards
Rishi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 6:16 PM as a reply to Jessie Ruban.
Hi Ruban,

Have you inquired if the amount you recieve as pension refund, would be taxable in India. Someone else can shed some light on this please ?

I have filed through a consultant and I am also expecting funds to be transferred to my account in India. My consultant told me that it could take anywhere from 4 weeks to 8 weeks if money is to be sent to an abroad account.

Regards

Wilson
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 7:15 PM as a reply to Jessie Ruban.
In April i have applied for pension money on behalf of my friend who is in india.
I went to RV office personally and submitted the papers.

you have to submit lohsteuerbescheinigung of all the years you worked in germany.

My friend was not able to provide his bank details and he gave me a letter of authorization and RV money was transferred to my account, and in turn i transferred the amount as remittance.
I am not sure about taxation on RV money.

Many tax consultants also file RV, just like tax filing.
0 (0 Votes)

pension refund taxable in India
Answer
7/16/09 8:22 PM as a reply to Jessie Ruban.
Is pension refund taxable in India, if money is being sent to account in India ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/18/09 6:10 PM as a reply to Jessie Ruban.
Does anyone has an idea how much time it could take to get pension refund in an Indian account ? I got a statement mentioning how much will be refunded about a month back but I have not recieved funds as of now.

Can someone provide me a contact number with whom I can check the status ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/21/09 1:15 PM as a reply to Jessie Ruban.
It takes roughly six to seven weeks for money to come to Indian account. I used the Citibank India account of mine so transfer was smooth as they have good network. You can choose whichever bank you want, this is my thinking.

You can talk to them in their Berlin office and people are very friendly. They will give you the details whether the application is received, paper under processing, money transferred etc. Once the money leaves the Germany office, you have no way to track that. So be patient and clear that the account number you have provided is accurate.

As far as Taxation is concerned in India, Any money earned outside India (as a resident of that country) and taxed paid their is non taxable in India. (aka Double Taxation avoidance treaty). You just have to mention in your Tax filing application that past some years you were outside India and worked as resident in a foreign country.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Starter
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7