Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Spouse away from the Country for more than 6 Months

Toggle
Hi,

I am Currently facing this Situation that i would need to be away from the country for more than 6 months in Germany.
In Germany , i would have been a house wife, but being away from Germany i would be a student.

Question is what impact does this have on the Tax Issues and what do i need to do ?.

ZB: Like coming back to germany for a week before 6 months expires etc..

Where is this recorded and whom do i need to give a notice to in case i will not be able to make it coming back before 6 months expires.

Please prove me some Suggestions and Ideas.

Thanks you.

Haani.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse away from the Country for more than 6 Months
Answer
7/9/05 3:10 AM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
"Where is this recorded and whom do i need to give a notice to in case i will not be able to make it coming back before 6 months expires."

if you will unregister from your address in Germany, immigration office receives a notice immediately

if you will not unregister, it can go unnoticed. however - if you want to be on the safe side - it's better to become a permission of immigration office, permission to be absent more than 6 months without loss of your residence permit.

involved risks: if you do not tell anything to immigration office, it goes unnoticed first, later on you apply and get NE and citizenship and immigration office somehow learns about your unapproved abscence 10 years after it has happened, NE and citizenship can be revoked without problems

how immigration office can learn something 10 years after the thing was done and went unnoticed: do not think that everybody surrounding you is your friend just because they smile at you

example: how do you think, is the recent VW-affair just a coincidence? ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/05 10:36 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
Hi -,

At the moment, I am not worried about NE. Nor i would want a NE. All i am worried is running every time to Consulate at Home land and wait for the Visa Process all again.

I will try to come down to Germany every 6 Months for the next couple of yrs,untill i am done with my Studies in my home country.
Once i am with a diploma, i can come down here and Do masters.

Thanks for more insight on the issue .

Haani.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/05 12:13 AM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
"I will try to come down to Germany every 6 Months for the next couple of yrs,"

it does not help at all. with this 6-months rule it was meant to make sure that foreigner every year spends more time in Germany than in home country.

if you come for couple of days every 6 months, there is another nice rule:

(1) Der Aufenthaltstitel erlischt in folgenden Fällen:

6. wenn der Ausländer aus einem seiner Natur nach nicht vorübergehenden Grunde ausreist,

- §58 ZuwG

btw this rule applies to NE as well if you did not live in Germany during at least 15 years. Who here hoped to work in other EU countries, ones they get NE? ;)

if i wanted to be on the safe side, i would go to immigration office and explain them that it lies in interests of Germany if i will study - and another state will pay for studies - and will not be a housewife.

otherwise i would tell nothing to nobody, go study and appear in Germany only when would need to prolong a residence permit or my studies would be finished.

but in no case unregister from your home address! i saw the acts of immigration office about my person, therefore can tell you that any change in a database about your person made by Meldebehörde (for example, address, citizenship and so on) means that corresponding notice will go to immigration office immediately
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/05 11:52 AM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
I am Confused now.

What is Immigration office here in Germany ?.

My Next Update on residence Permit is in end of Feb Next year. So i am planning to come down here and apply for a residence permit Extension in January. But NTL, my Husband will be working fine here as normal. He would be getting a NE then.
I think it is something like unlimited workpermit and unlimited residence permit.

The lady in Auslander amt said that i would get 1 yr Residence permit and then later get unlimited permit.

I am waiting for some suggestion from you all.

To avoid the worse, if it is that i cannot make it back to germany, i will ask my husband to unregister me from the city, which of course would mean some Tax issues, but that really shouldnt matter.

Pleaes advice.

Haani.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/05 6:35 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
Dear Hanni,
You should go to your home country and come back once in a six month period.

There is no way the authorities can automatically find your departure .

If you want to play sage take Airfrance or so

. The flight to France for example will be a domestic flight.

In any case German do not stamp the passport now a days.

So do not worry.

But do come once in six months to Germany .May be to meet your husband.As it could happen that the man at the immigration sees your stamp of arrival and departure in your home contry (if they stamp it).Do not un register your self here.

Have hope
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/05 5:50 AM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
"What is Immigration office here in Germany ?." Ausländeramt

"The immigration office is normally not at city level, but some cities do use the term ‘municipal immigration office’ to describe their departments e.g. Vienna, http://www.wien.gv.at/english/immigrationoffice/. It is always the problem to translate something that does not actually exist in other countries. English speaking countries normally deal with migration at a central level and not at the municipal level, but they carry out the same function as the ‘Ausländerbehörde’, I have always stuck with this translation as other terms have just led to complete confusion. I hope this helps"

- http://dict.leo.org/cgi-bin/dict/urlexp/20030704130027

"i will ask my husband to unregister me from the city, which of course would mean some Tax issues," perfect way to get problems with your visa. see my comments above
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/05 12:50 PM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
Hi -,

If i get you correctly, do you mean to say that i should not unregister from the city and leave the residence permit as is and come back every 6 Months and when it is necessary to change the RP, follow the process.

Please suggest.

Sorry if i am confusing you.

Haani.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/05 1:20 AM as a reply to DIKKA Chandni.
"and come back every 6 Months and when it is necessary to change the RP, follow the process."

lol i would either go and get permission of immigration office to be absent for more than 6 months or would say nothing to nobody, go study and come back only when studies were finished or in order to prolong an RP
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott