Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Greencard holder to work during free hours

Toggle
Hallo everyone,
How are you ? I am living in germany for 3.5 years. 1.5 years as a student, i studied here and for the past 2 years i am working as a green card holder. In my passport its written as

Arbeitserlaubnispflichtige Erwerbstätigkeit nur mit gültiger Arbeitserlaubnis gestattet. Selbständige Erwerbstätigkeit oder vergleichabr unselbständige Erwerbstätigkeit nicht gestattet

So i cant work. whether right now i have any possibility (or) chance to do some part time jobs during weekend ? its there any chance to change my workpermit according to new law ? I will be really thankful for your ideas.
Thanks in advance
sriram
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Greencard holder to work during free hours
Answer
6/22/05 1:27 AM as a reply to Sriram krishnan.
@sriram

>>In my passport its written as

Arbeitserlaubnispflichtige Erwerbstätigkeit nur mit gültiger Arbeitserlaubnis gestattet. Selbständige Erwerbstätigkeit oder vergleichabr unselbständige Erwerbstätigkeit nicht gestattet

It is written in most of the greencard holders passport nothing new.
It says you can work only with a valid workpermit (your greencard ArEr) ex:- IT kraft.
Normally you are not allowed to do any partime jobs or business of your own.
As per the new law you can change your workpermit only after 36 months of greencard job or 4 years of stay in DE

I hope this info will help you

matrix
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/22/05 10:53 AM as a reply to Sriram krishnan.
No matrix, what you say is partially not true (sorry for that).

Green card holder can try to change AE immediately to a better one; according to §46 BeschV former Green card holder ist allowed to work (at least) any IT job, and other qualified employement too. It is not necessary to wait 3 or 4 years to improve residence status.

Thus he can ask for a change according to §46 BeschV, then he is allowed to do at least part-time IT Jobs on the weekend, if he is lucky he can get also "Beschäftigung uneingeschränkt erlaubt" according to §46 BeschV.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/22/05 1:00 PM as a reply to Sriram krishnan.
Could someone please give the format of the letter requesting BE for ABH.
Thanks in advance!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/22/05 4:07 PM as a reply to Sriram krishnan.
Sure, provided you post ur email address here!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/22/05 11:36 PM as a reply to Sriram krishnan.
Hi all,
Thanks for your ideas. I am new to this forum. Mr.fred can you send me the letter format to this mail address lsri2000in@yahoo.co.in. So its enough if i show this letter and my passport in Ausländer behörde whether they change my work permit ? (or) I should take some more things with my passport?
Thanks alot
bye
sriram
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7